T-Mobile Default - help please?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have a default registered by T-Mobile in Septembr 2002 and was wondering how I'd go about getting this removed. I sent them a CCA request last week, which they have not acknowledged (probably as I later read on here that they're not bound by the CCA) I am in a position to pay the amount - £81 but is there any way rather than having the default marked as 'satisfied' I can have it totally removed from my file, so it looks like I never had a default, rather than I had a default and then paid it off 5 years later?! (They may have sent me a notice of default, but due to personal circumstances I've moved around alot since 2002)

Help please, as it's really annoying that due to a silly mistake I made as a student is coming back to bite me in the bum, 5 years later. :-| Would you recommend ringing them and seeing what they can do?

Why did you send a CCA request? It isn't relevant - see the Sticky Threads for more details on this.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-broadband/70464-mobile-phone-companies-consumer.html

As to the default, it disappears after 6 years anyway, so with just a few months to go, you might as well ride it out unless you've got the energy to try and get them to remove it.

Buzby,

I sent a CCA request, as I got carried away and thought seen as I was sending one to TBI (separate thread) I'd get rid of the other default on my credit file. It was only after I'd sent it that I noticed the sticky you referred me to.

Also 6 years from September 2002 takes us to September 2008, and I'd like to get rid of it sooner rather than later as I want to apply for a mortgage with my husband end of this year/early next year. He doesn't want any financial association with me until I have a half decent credit score (for richer for poorer??? not in his case!!)

:) OK - you have to remember there's no easy way or right to removal, as the CRAs love to hold on to all adverse data. The only successful route it to challenge the default due to errors cause by the firm supplying the data, or if it was unfairly logged as such. If there is a way you can elicit sympathy, use it - but other than asking nicely, if they choose to refuse, you're effectively stuffed. A good point is to (if you're still with them) to not your subsequent good history and get the default expunged.

The only successful route it to challenge the default due to errors cause by the firm supplying the data, or if it was unfairly logged as such.

How could I do this? should I send them a SAR and ask for a copy of default notice? then I could take it from there and plan my next course of action. By the way do you know if it is possible to have a default totally removed as opposed to marked satisfied?

thanks for your replies :)

You might manage it without going the length of a SAR. Are there any mitigating factors you could use to sway an unfeeling customer or accounts staffer that your default should be removed due to the firm's contributory negligence? If so, then total removal would be your right to insist - as 'satisfied' means nothing to a lender. However, if you have to put your hands up and say 'it was all my own doing', there's really not much you can do to force the issue.

UPDATE:

Just had a letter from T-Mobile, they've returned the £1 postal order I sent for my CCA, (obviously as they're not covered by CCA). They are asking me for a copy of my credit file which shows the entry I am referring to, and then they'll be happy to look into this further. Apparently this is to comply with DPA and to avoid recording another search on my credit file. Do you think I should send them my whole report, or just the section which lists that particular account and a list of my previous addresses. I don't want to help them do their jobs so they can prove and therefore enforce the default, but at the same time I don't particularly want them to record another credit search. Am in a bit of quandry over this :oops: PLEASE HELP?!

It's none of their business. Simply tell them the name of the firm providing the data. Remind them that they are not reviewing your file for a credit check, but amending an entry, which they can do without leaving a search footprint (it has a name, but I'm at a loss to remember what they call it)!

• Haha 1

Sort of - a CAG member actually gave the details of in on here, the banks use it often as a sneaky way to check your file without leaving any footprint, but the name is slightly more technical.... sorry!

I would try the "ill pay you the debt in full if you remove this old default" approach.

The worst they can do is refuse.

Whatever you do though do not acknowledge the debt.

If you do and then dont pay it they can re-register the default for another 6 years.

Word your letter as an alleged debt which you had no prior knowledge and then dont pay it till you get it in writing that they will remove it if you pay in full.

They are swines for the "did you get that in writing" after the fact.

Orange are no different

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.