Heeeeeeeelllp

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6210 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Help help help I am fuming shaking terrified. A repesentative from Marlin (financial services on behalf of MBNA via Arrow Global!!!) has just telephone me in work and i decided to speak to him

Him can I speak to Lady H

Me speaking

him i will need to ask you some security questions

Me sorry who are you

him can't tell you until you have answered some security questions

me I am not prepared to give you any information until you tell me who you are

This conversation went on for about 5 mins

Me what is your name and ID number

him you wont answer my security questions so I don't have to tell you who I am

me I think you will find you do

him I will be in breach of the DPA if i discuss anything with you without security responses

me hard luck then we will just go round in circles

Him I don't care I will ring back and speak to your personnel then

Me what about

him am not prepared to say will be in breach of DPA

me We don't have a personnel (we Dont)

him Well will speak to the MD

ME what about

Him Can't say will be in breach of DPA

Me so you can't speak to me about this matter but you can speak to anyone else about my personal matters i think you will find that you are in breach of the DPA if you do and I will report you anyway we dont have a MD

Him you do all companies have an MD

Me you are talking B*******cks and you know it

Him talking what I will now ring back and speak to the person who hires and fires you are in trouble talking to me like that I will tell them you are a disgraceful representative to your company

Me Oh so you are ringing on company matters if not then I am not representing company give me your name and I will speak to whoever hires and fires you as you seen to indicate that you intend to put my job in jeopardy

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEp

2 mins latter he rings back asking to speak to manager/MD/Personell

I had warned the girls on reception and told them to put him back through to me (to be honest I am one of only 2 fee earners in the company so calls are filtered and would only go to either one of us anyway)

Him hello who am I speaking to

Me Lady H

Him I don't wnt to speak to you

Me I told you there was no one else to speak to you will always be put through to me

Him I will then write to your company yes I have all the detail here

Me go ahead I deal with all the post anyway look forward to your letter

BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEP

are they allowed to do this can they speak to my boss ( he won't be bothered and will give him the short sharp thrift anyway) but I don't want all my personal details given out. I am so angry I want to report them. Can someone give me some advice ASAP please please please

Mrs H

dotty i know its hard but calm down

first off send them the telephone harrasment letter

can you tell us a little more about the debt, what was it for (credit card etc)

do you know if there have been unfair charges put on the account?

do you have a CCJ on it or anything like that

can you answer these so we get a better idea of whats going on so we can help you better?

thanks

Kenny

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

Hi Kennyparkroad. I am now calm, angry but calm

This is an MBNA credit card saga which has been ongoing since end of last year. I S.A.R.d then in Sept 06 and received a list of charges with an offer to refund about 1/3 of charges. I refused but they refunded my account with this amount anyway. No arrears at this point but went on to payment plan as I was on Maternity leave during this time. I queried a lot of interest payments that they had debited from my account and they admitted that they were not sure what these were for and would "get back to me" anyway with a new baby I didn't have time to chase it up but carried on paying monthly amounts. About 2 weeks ago I got a letter from them to say they had passed debt over to Arrow Global and a few days after Arrow served a default Notice I wrote to them to say that account was in dispute and sent CCA request. A couple of days ago I received a termination notice which I was not suprised about and a letter indicating that a firm called Marlin were now managing the account. They have phoned me about 4 times in work although today is the first time that I have spoken to them. They have never phoned me at home as all my calls are picked up by ansa phone. He also said that they have written to me a number of times again they haven't I have only ever received letters from MBNA and the Default and Termination notices from Arrow. Sorry it is so long winded but just panicking a bit. Not bothered about abuse from rep on the phone I can handle that but it is the threat to discuss my details with all and sundry at work. Thanks again

Mrs H

ok firstly

i would re chase the SAR payments and tell them unless they refund ALL charges youll take them to court.

Send Marlin a letter to the effect of

This account was passed to you while it was in dispute, therefore you are not legally allowed to persue it until my legal request for the CCA has been satisfied.

this should halt them, if it doesnt, send THEM a cca request :-)

also write to Arrow to say they passed the debt on while it was in dispute and as the account is in dispute they cannot put the default on your file, if they do so you will report them to the OFT etc etc

threats is all they understand, do not back down and stick to your guns!

i would contact your local trading standards about this.

Kenny

• Haha 1

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

ps - sorry i didnt have time to go indepth, im currently tidying up at work!

someone else should be a long shortly.

Kenny :-)

Definitely contact OFT and TS about this guy - he is not allowed to amke these sorts of threats or embarrass you by contacting your boss.

You are right - if it was a work matter, he can compalin about your attitude - as it's not a work matter, he can't complain to your boss without breaching the DPA.

I would immediately email/write to his boss and complain - I'll see if I can find some contact details for you.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

Sorry dotty - I acn't seem to find an email address for them - I'll keep looking though.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

You could also threaten to report them under Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970

(Link below)

(As well as a lot of other things, including the OFT's guidlines to debt collection practises)

Debt Help UK : Administration of Justice Act 1970 | UK debt consolidation service with free help and advice | UK debt consolidation service with free help and advice

You should also contact your local Trading Standards. (Google for it)

Regards, Dave.

Thanks for all your help on this guys. I have now sent off the harassment letter to them and today I will bedoing letters to TS and OFT I will let you know if and when I hear anything else

Lady H x

Mrs H

Excellent - make sure you make those reports though - enough people do and they'll lose their license.

What the hell did he hope to achieve talking to your Boss??

If he can't even tell you who he is (for DPA reasons? pur-lease!) then what on earth does he expect to say to your Boss without breach DPA?

LOL - what a numpty

Where the hell do they get these people from? Are they just stupid or arrogant or both, what a pleasure it must be working for one of these organisations eh? :D

I wonder if they work on commission - probably explains their enthusiasm to harrass, abuse and irritate people.

Where the hell do they get these people from? Are they just stupid or arrogant or both, what a pleasure it must be working for one of these organisations eh? :D

I wonder if they work on commission - probably explains their enthusiasm to harrass, abuse and irritate people.

From what little research i've done on the subject, the average age of a dca centre worker is 22 and the pay is peanuts, target driven & commission based.

Glad you're calmer now Dotty! They get more wound up if they can hear they're not getting anywhere with you, use it to your advantage! :-)

Diskman, I hate to point out errors and correct fellow forum members, but after a bottle of wine, feel I must.

It is not the average age that is 22 - it's the average IQ.

• Haha 1

Diskman, I hate to point out errors and correct fellow forum members, but after a bottle of wine..............

Dave groans...... I'm going to have to have a pint of cheeky Vimto now just to catch up with you...! :D

:p

Great posts you guys know how to lighten things up which is great. In a way I wish he had got to speak to my boss. He is the Senior Partner and a really good boss but you wouldn't want to cross him he has been known to reduce a district judge to a quivering wreck LOL. If it had not been a debt matter then I would have transfered his call to him can you imagine the conversation

Me Can you take this call please

Boss Yes who is it

Me Don't know

Boss Then what is it about

Me Me he says it is personal and he can't tell me what it is about due to DPA but he can tell you!!

Boss Bring him on then

I would have loved to have heard that conversation. A quivering DCA oh what a sight. By the way my boss is a solicitor so even better.

Mrs H