bloomingflower vs shabbey irrational

bloomingflower
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone, This is my second post on this site,I think I made a boo boo yesterday by posting on the wrong page!!! never mind!!!:)

I sent off the DPA letter on the 22nd March 2007,and I am still waiting for the statements/charges to arrive. It is now day 27,the deadline is the 1st May 2007. This is when the 40 days have elapsed.

Please can someone tell me if I have been told the truth?? I called the DPA Team at Abbey,Graftons Gate,Milton Keynes yesterday,and I spoke to a woman called Sheena Small.

My main reason for calling was to chase up the 6-years of statements/charges. I also asked her if they had kept data going back beyond 6-years?and she said"no we don't,there is no information regarding customers data or statements going back that far"she also said"they are destroyed after a period of time. I was shocked to say the least!! :o

Can anyone clarify if this is true?? Thanxs!

Surely they must keep copies on fiche or electronically.

I find it hard to believe that they destroy everything over 6 years old.

• Haha 1

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Thanxs for your reply ppman159!!

Yes,well that's what I initially thought. I don't know whether to take her reply as gospel,but I will just have to claim beyond 6-years and carry-on regardless!! What would you do??

Dont take anything that the banks tell you as gospel-they will try any trick under the sun to stop you from claiming.

Temptation is to wait until the 40 days are up to see what they send you but in the meantime it might be best to look at other threads as well as the Information Commisioners website just to see if what Shabby are saying has any truth at all.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

I took the lead from someone else on this forum, sent a SAR request to Abbey for an older account. I reckon I got stung for a lot of charges 1996-2001. I have asked that if they cannot provide me with this data, please provide me with a certificate confirming destruction. I will wait, and wait, and wait!!

I won against MBNA, Nat West , Barclays, Barclaycard and PPI payments from Barclaycard

Abbey National still to go.... what will I do with my spare time?