belgarion26 vs Halifax -Advice req.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all, I've been registered with this site for a while now and have found it, and everyone on it, to be extremely helpful. I must apologise for not saying hello sooner, but recently I've only had time for a couple of minutes online each day.

My case so far:

SAR sent 29/12/2006.

Statements recieved 5/3/2007!! :mad:

Prelim. sent 6/3/2007, for £1077 charges + £305.48 interest (£1382.48).

LBA sent 21/3/2007.

I then filed a MCOL on 5/4/2007, but on 6/4 I recieved a paltry 'goodwill' settlement offer of £531, which was dated 3/4. I telephoned and told them that the offer wasn't good enough and that I required the full £1077 + court costs. They said they'd better leave it to their legal dept now that I've started proceedings.

I have since recieved an Acknowledgement of Service dated 11/4, upon which the Halifax have stated that they intend to defend all of the claim. They then had 28 days to defend.

I have been checking my account daily and today they have deposited £531 into it, despite me turning down that offer.

What do I do now...? :confused:

Ring them...?

Write to them?

Leave it to proceed through the court...?

Do I contact the court...?

Any help greatly appreciated. I'll make a donation once it's all settled.

Hi to all, I've been registered with this site for a while now and have found it, and everyone on it, to be extremely helpful. I must apologise for not saying hello sooner, but recently I've only had time for a couple of minutes online each day.

My case so far:

SAR sent 29/12/2006.

Statements recieved 5/3/2007!! :mad:

Prelim. sent 6/3/2007, for £1077 charges + £305.48 interest (£1382.48).

LBA sent 21/3/2007.

I then filed a MCOL on 5/4/2007, but on 6/4 I recieved a paltry 'goodwill' settlement offer of £531, which was dated 3/4. I telephoned and told them that the offer wasn't good enough and that I required the full £1077 + court costs. They said they'd better leave it to their legal dept now that I've started proceedings.

I have since recieved an Acknowledgement of Service dated 11/4, upon which the Halifax have stated that they intend to defend all of the claim. They then had 28 days to defend.

I have been checking my account daily and today they have deposited £531 into it, despite me turning down that offer.

What do I do now...? :confused:

Ring them...?

Write to them?

Leave it to proceed through the court...?

Do I contact the court...?

Any help greatly appreciated. I'll make a donation once it's all settled.

Hi follow court process Halifax will fold before court they don't want to give a detailed cost analysis in court. They will pay though for some it takes longer, they settled with me 2295 after 2 1/2 months.

Keep at them dpick:mad:

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Halifax :D

Paid in full £2295

MBNA:mad: 20/03/2008 settled in full out of court

Capital One:D

07/07/2007 Capital one charges paid in full £1666

19/01/2008 recovered PPI £2216 + costs

Littlewoods :-D

12/08/2007 write off £1176.10 debt.

JD Williams charges refunded in full £640

I would write again I sent everything by post but you shouldnt have included the interest at this stage, you only include that once it is filed at the court. They sent me an offer of about half but I replied giving them an extra 14 days and they paid in full.

Dandylion

Dandylion

I'm happy to write to them, but I just don't want to get in the way of the court thing.

Is there an appropriate template letter available for an acknowledgement of part payment?

Maybe they'll settle in full before the 28 days are up..? (9/5)

I'm happy to write to them, but I just don't want to get in the way of the court thing.

Is there an appropriate template letter available for an acknowledgement of part payment?

Maybe they'll settle in full before the 28 days are up..? (9/5)

Hi use the one following template letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejecting-offers.html

good luck dpick:mad:

cannot find it A to Z

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/consumer-forums-website-questions/53182-cant-find-what-youre.html

Paid in full £2295

:mad: ?

Many thanks.

My face will change to :oops: when I see you have won all the best

dpick:mad:

• Haha 1

cannot find it A to Z

Paid in full £2295

Sent letter no.6, my only question is this: If the Halifax now pay up my £1077 charges plus £120 costs, do I end it at that? Or should I demand the interest I asked for when applying to the court?

I'm unsure exactly when I'm entitled to the interest. Is it when I started MCOL, or if they jusy fail to defend...?:?

Sent letter no.6, my only question is this: If the Halifax now pay up my £1077 charges plus £120 costs, do I end it at that? Or should I demand the interest I asked for when applying to the court?

I'm unsure exactly when I'm entitled to the interest. Is it when I started MCOL, or if they jusy fail to defend...?:?

My own personal feeling is that once MCOL started they have forfeit the option to just repay charges you have applied to court for charges, interest and costs. I think that is what I would settle for if my claim had gone this far

good luck dpick:evil:

cannot find it A to Z

Paid in full £2295

• 2 weeks later...
My face will change to :oops: when I see you have won all the best

dpick:mad:

WAY TO GO :p :p :) :)

dpick

cannot find it A to Z

Paid in full £2295