Somnakorn V Lloyds TSB

SOMNAKORN
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6184 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

Just received this letter:

"...sorry you are unhappy about your account charges.

Like any business, we do make a charge for some of our extra services. When customers don't have enough in their accounts to cover a payment, this always means extra work - and it has to happen very quickly. We have to agree to make the payment by setting up or increasing an overdraft, or tell customers we can't agree it. We feel it's fair to charge for this service.

Of course it's only fair too, that we're completely open about any charged-for services before you might need them. That's why we take care to give every new customer the latest guide to our charges. You can also get up-to-date details........................

If you know a payment is going to take you over your agree limit, you're welcome to see if there's anything we can do.

The Office of Fair Trading has published new guidelines on credit card default charges. We're still talking it through with them, but the important point is that the guidelines are about "default" charges that people pay when they break an agreement with us. This doesn't apply to your charges as these were for dealing with your request to go over your agreed overdraft limit. They are not default charges because you haven't broken your agreement. They are our prices for the service we provide in these situations.

I understand that you may also have some concerns about us sharing information about your relationship with us with the creidt reference agencies we use. I'd like to reassure you that this does not apply to bank charges; we only share what is known as white data, which is information about payments to your credit card, loan or mortgage accounts.

I do hope you can see that we make our charging systems as fair as possible - and why I can't agree to cancel your charges.

If you have asked for copy statements ..........

I hope this fully answers the points you raised with us. Please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help. If we cannot come to an agreemtn, I will provide you with details of the Financial Ombudsman Service so they can consider your complaint independently.

If you are happy with the way I have dealt with your complaint, there is no need for you to reply to my letter. If I have not heard from you by 25th June..........."

I assume this is just the bog standard letter Lloyds send out. All I have claimed is a refund of the bounced cheque charges and the unauthorised overdraft fee.

Am I still going in the right direction?

Should I now send the second letter?

Look forward to receiving some information

Hi

Yes this is a standard reply.

Is this the reply to the Prelim letter? If so you now should send the Letter Before Action.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Yes this was the reply to the first letter I sent.

I am now going to send the letter before action, and yes I will keep everyone posted on what happens.

My claim is for over £20k so if anyone has any tips about what the bank are likely to do next, I would be pleased to hear from them

• 2 weeks later...

What does anyone think about continuing with the claim, given the case which was heard by a judge last week when he found in favour of the bank??

This has me very worried!!