mamf45 vs A&L

Mamf45
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I hope someone can help!

I've received a Notice of Acting from Alliance & Leicesters solicitors, Wragge & Co and I've just spoken to Reading County Court, where I filed the claim, and they have today received an acknowledgement of service.

Is this something they do to give themselves more time, or are they likely to defend a claim?

Help!

Mamf45

Hi,

Seems like were in the same boat, I to recived acknowledgement of service too! I think its to buy more time and see how far you'll go, if its like the other two im doing they filled defence, so prepearing court bundles as we speak I imagine mine claim with A&L to be the same, but u never know they may suprise us!!

keep me informed of how your doing take care.

H

Hi MAM, do you have an OPEN or closed account with them?

It appears that if you have an open account - you get a letter from their solicitors to scare you.

If you have a closed account then you deal with their internal legal team

and have to go through the motions and wait weeks until they finally pay up

I still have my current account with them, although I have opened a new account elsewhere in case they 'close' my account for me.

I assume that their letter just means that they have bought themselves another 28 days...?

What is everyone finding is the average 'pay up' time for A&L?

I'm quite prepared to wait, I thought they'd drag it out as long as possible. I'm just really anxious that they will take it as far as court, is this something that they would bother to do, in your experience?

Based on the comments on the forum it is highly unlikely you will have to go to court, however be prepared that there is an outside chance you will.

Read lots of posts on here and it will help you gauge just how far the banks will go before they pay up.

Have a read of this which should cheer you up: BBC NEWS | Business | Man recovers £35,988 from NatWest