• Tweets

• depends what the fees are, typically nothing can be added once judgement is passed bar litigation costs. on document retention time limits etc at least 6yrs previous must be held though many hold complete info. as for acronyms and abbreviations ideally yes they should     
    • Still have to submit a statement either system....if they fail they can only give verbal because they failed to file and serve.
    • OP stated they had been arrested, but not charged (let alone convicted). They DON'T have a criminal record, but do have an entry on the PNC. That information stays on the PNC (Police National Computer) for life, but doesn't get released in a standard DBS. It only MIGHT get released for an Enhanced DBS (eDBS) check  ... but it would be incredibly unlikely. (The rational behind this is that eDBS's allow for 'information at Chief Officer of Police's discretion' ..... this covers the 2 'barring lists' and is also intended for the scenario where someone has multiple arrests or investigations, where safeguarding is a concern .... it was brought in after the Soham murders / Ian Huntley case, where the information known about the now-convicted child murderer may have prevented his employment in a school, had it been made available). So, for the sake of accuracy and completeness, arrests stay on the PNC for life, wont appear in a standard DBS, MIGHT appear in an eDBS, but in reality, would be the exception rather than the norm, and I can't see them being released  to a defense barrister. What then if the defence found out a different way, and brought it up in court?. Again, unlikely, but the important feature is that the judge would make sure they trod very carefully!. They MIGHT consider using it if there were other factors that allowed them to try to cast doubts as to the truthfulness of your evidence, but on its own : No way. Anyone MIGHT be arrested (if a seemingly plausible complaint been made against them)! The approach to take if it did come up is to be truthful. "Yes, I was arrested. It arose from a vexatious complaint. I wasn't charged, let alone convicted. That could happen to any one of us, if a vexatious complaint gets made" Far better that than lying, saying you'd never been arrested, and getting caught in a lie : that would ruin your credibility. I'm incredibly doubtful it will even come up, though.
    • we dont get N157 because its new OCMC but no court dont have evidence either.   Just seems a bit of a pointless wait but oh well
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

when are all the site facilities going to be returned to "normal"?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I like the sound of it.

Not quite to that level, but certainly a sort of 'points' system.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ChloeJane

I will be testing you later in PC chat

Wonder if Jules is referring to the site where I have a double and am being impersonated? laughs...

Flattered - they say impersonation is the highest form of flattery!

The poem was meant to be funny Jules - the format went wrong when pasting...am I bovvered who read it? No. Will I continue to back their stand - Yes.

It is quieter without the bear garden, but I do believe chat is a tool that is needed.

CJ

....but there already is a chat tool - over at penaltycharges.co.uk

Personally I feel better with it over there where it's not our responsibility.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Guest ChloeJane

Your right Dave - neither is the advice given in there...which is a shame as people trust the advice they are given here....isn't that important?

Obviously - quietly the decision has been made it appears? perhaps.

This is your site and Bankfodders Dave and while I am only a guest here, it is a grave shame that chat is not seen for the tool that it is.

I won't be looking out for any updates - as your statement above sort of says it all.

Dissapointed.

CJ

I do think the chatroom will be back in due course, once we can be sure that the trouble makers have actually come good on their word and left.

We asked nicely, got no response, we got slightly more heavy handed and got no response. The only thing left to do was to take it away.

However, I see no problem with having a chatroom at a different site for the time being.

------------

------------

Guest ChloeJane

Dave,

While I would like to hold some faith in your words - chat has been down now for nearly a week and no date for its return and still the contraversy reigns in this thread.

I now refuse to keep coming back here and defending chat and its use - your site, do as you will but you won't ever completely remove those out to cause trouble or disharmony.

As I said, only a guest here but saw as did many the value of chat to the CAG toolbox and tired of defending it now and placing posts here that go unheard.

Shame....that the newbies who so need it and those going through the motions and more intimidating games the banks play that don't want to go else where but trust being here, are the ones disadvantage.

All the sites as you well know do not back people as solidly as this site does, nor give as accurate information and feedback. So to send them to another chat site for help, keeps them there and away from here and can risk claims.

While that is not your responsability - what annoys me is that those responsible for the chat loss - don't appear to care as much as others about having the facility returned.

Returning to the threads. Your site. Your choices. Back to threads -

Take care all,

CJ

Ok , another question .......

Certain threads in the Bear Garden that were unaffected by security breaches , i.e London Picnic , Wakefield meet, Manchester meet etc etc .

Is it possible for those to be moved either here or to another forum so we can carry on as they were ? Or can we start fresh ones in here ? I for one would like to carry on getting peeps together for the Wakefield meet and seeing as we don`t know how long it will be before The Bear Garden is back up and running would rather make alternative arrangements sooner rather than later.

Pretty please with cherries on top

I was going to suggest a "Meetups" forum the other night (last night in fact), but fell asleep on the sofa after a very long day!

I'll run it past the others and see what the outcome is.

------------

------------

I was going to suggest a "Meetups" forum the other night (last night in fact), but fell asleep on the sofa after a very long day!

A very long day? And how many pints was that ?

Ok , another question .......

Certain threads in the Bear Garden that were unaffected by security breaches , i.e London Picnic , Wakefield meet, Manchester meet etc etc .

Is it possible for those to be moved either here or to another forum so we can carry on as they were ? Or can we start fresh ones in here ? I for one would like to carry on getting peeps together for the Wakefield meet and seeing as we don`t know how long it will be before The Bear Garden is back up and running would rather make alternative arrangements sooner rather than later.

Pretty please with cherries on top

I think thats an excellent idea but also think that the chance of that also not being used as a platform for disgruntled users ,who are just out to cause unrest , is slim .. so if opened how long do you think it will last Jules ?

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

re::: trouble makers,

I am sure most of the people that used chat wasn't trouble makers, one person was nearly at their 1000 post for this site. To me that person has put alot of effort and time into making posts.

It is a shame this chatroom to be closed, after all most people went into it to help or have fun in off topic.

Lets stop blaming the people that used chat on a daily basis, and get back to claiming our charges back

mistie:p

I'm not blaming people who used chat who were not trouble makers - just the ones that were.

They know who they were, and despite being asked politely to leave the site, she (or he) returned and caused as much disruption as they possibly could via the chatroom mainly, then breached the chatroom security.

------------

------------

...Shame that the newbies who so need it and those going through the motions and more intimidating games the banks play that don't want to go else where but trust being here, are the ones disadvantage...

CJ - Whilst I agree that the chat room CAN be a good extension of the facilities we offer users, the site grew amazingly quickly and operated in a perfectly useful manner before its introduction. I really can't see that new users will be 'disadvantaged' by not having the extra facility of chat.

All they need to do is read for years on end like the rest of us did and then start a thread of their own - using it to update us and ask relevant questions.

re::: trouble makers,

I am sure most of the people that used chat wasn't trouble makers, one person was nearly at their 1000 post for this site. To me that person has put alot of effort and time into making posts...

Since no name has been mentioned in that statement (quite rightly too) then there can be no direct response to it, but suffice to say that no amount of posts will ever entitle a user to abuse the facilities we offer and carry on regardless.

I am very confident that any users whose accounts were directly affected because of chat room incidents would have deserved what they received.

However, ever user has a chance to put things right in time - hence the reason why they are not banned.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I hope the outcome is positive. I had just about plucked up the courage to try and organize a Welsh meet (after the Xmas one fell flat) and now am worried by the time the Bear garden goes back on I will have chickened out again:o lol.

No problem ;-)

------------

------------

Have been reading all of this with interest! I only ever visited Chat twice and rapidly exited - I found it quite intimidating and some of the language was foul - OK I know that I have a choice and decided not to visit again. However, all the information that one needs is on the various threads if enough time is taken into researching and asking. Chat in my opinion is not necessary for the success of this site and only opens up a new can of worms and, can as we now know, be abused. The Bear Garden was fun, but was hijacked on numerous occasions and I don't see how Dave and BF can get round this - it only needs for a new thread to start and everyone pile into it with accusations, until it is closed. It's a great shame that so much damage has been done by the few but I'm sure in a month's time it will be forgotten. Newbies arriving will have no idea of the historic problems and will hopefully use the forums as originally designed? Can't we just get on with reclaiming our money! Just my thoughts!:confused:

• Haha 1

Thanks Dave - I totally appreciate your reply! Ever wondered what seemed like a good idea a year ago...! Do you really need the grief? Its a case of you can never keep everyone happy and what people seem to forget is that is not THEIR site but yours and BF'S. I wouldn't blame you if you decided to let it go (but not until I've reclaimed all my money!):D

Guest Scarletrose

trouble makers ??

I visited chat reguarly and ony twice saw a trouble maker,

the rest of the time I saw help. advice, kindness and compassion and in Off-Topic lots of laughter.

I am mystified by the thought of trouble makers for as far as I can see only friendly peeps giving up there time to help, and advise. even in Off Topic if a newbie or anyone came in looking for help it was always given.

i hope that chat wont be remembered for this because it wasnt like that !

It has helped a great many that struggle with the forums, thats wot it did best and thats wot should be remembered and apeciated for.

trouble makers ??

I visited chat reguarly and ony twice saw a trouble maker,

the rest of the time I saw help. advice, kindness and compassion and in Off-Topic lots of laughter.

I am mystified by the thought of trouble makers for as far as I can see only friendly peeps giving up there time to help, and advise. even in Off Topic if a newbie or anyone came in looking for help it was always given.

i hope that chat wont be remembered for this because it wasnt like that !

It has helped a great many that struggle with the forums, thats wot it did best and thats wot should be remembered and apeciated for.

Hear Hear!!

I was a regualr in the chat room, I used to help out where I could in the Help & Advice room, and I also used to get involved in the banter in Off Topic. I was made to feel welcome by the regulars when I first went in there, and I ensured I welcomed other new users when they came in.

Matt

Power tends to corrupt; absolute power corrupts absolutely - Lord Acton.

Advice offered by MattyH is without predjudice and is for your judgement as to whether to take it. You should seek the assistance or hire of a solicitor or other paid professional if in doubt. Please research any information I have offered, as I will not be held liable for any incorrect advice i've given you.

<--------- If my advice has helped, please tip my scales. 8)

For Further advice come into the Chat Room: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/chat/flashchat.php

FAQ's : http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Step By Step Instructions ; http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Well, as has been pointed out, that was sadly not the experience of everyone who visited it.

It would be fair to say that 'trouble makers' were not the majority - but it only takes a few to spoil the facility. If you missed it all, then I'm glad. Nobody should have had to see it!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

trouble makers ??

I visited chat reguarly and only twice saw a trouble maker,

I sincerely hope you're not refering to me!! :eek:

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks