when are all the site facilities going to be returned to "normal"?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes, you are quite right. Many people did get help and newbies were helped out enormously; that I do not dispute.

As has come to light recently, the *trouble makers* were conspiring behind closed doors i.e. via PM in the chatroom - probably one of the reasons so many were up in arms when they realised that PMs could be read (and were done so by the one person they thought they were helping, who has since been asked to leave) in the admin console.

Some of these PMs were sent to me by concerned users, which is how I know.

In a bizzare twist of fate, most of the PMs where this was happening originated from several of the people who have been watching this thread.

....and they know who they are!

Some of them, the same people who accused me of dishonesty and then got annoyed when I retaliated by advising them to use another site.

Some of them even stated that they would never visit here again - and yet continue to do so. I implore these people to stand by their word.

EDIT: ...and no, HOD (I can read your moderated posts), you have not been mentioned - we understand what confidentiality means on here.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Scarletrose
I sincerely hope you're not refering to me!! :eek:

Of course i am lol :D

As has come to light recently, the *trouble makers* were conspiring behind closed doors i.e. via PM in the chatroom - probably one of the reasons so many were up in arms when they realised that PMs could be read (and were done so by the one person they thought they were helping, who has since been asked to leave) in the admin console.

I recall you stating on a recent thread that PM's could NOT be viewed!!

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Nope - please read it again.

I said that PMs HERE in the forum cannot be viewed, and that yes, the PMs in the chatroom could but were not - in has since transpired that one particular mod (who has now been removed and is the subject of an external investigation now) WAS viewing PMs in the chatroom.

I stated that I believed that she had in the past done this in the thread you are refering to.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

------------

Chat PM's?

Only Admin were supposed to be able to access them - until we realised that the user in question had been doing so unlawfully.

Site PM's?

A different story... We do not believe that the security has been breached in that respect.

EDIT: Obviously too slow :-)

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I have it on good authority that the accusations made against this person are not true by any means, there is no way this person hacked into the CAG server, it is apparantly very possible to view the chat windows through software already on the site, as is done by CAG mods on regualar occassions.

Trust me, what has happened here is illegal.

Of course the software allows this, that is not in dispute; the fact remains that unauthorised access was made of this facility.

I cannot comment any more on that as it is subject to a police investigation at present.

It IS NOT accessed by mods on regular occasions.

Also, you forget. I know who your authority is ;-), and he's not here an awful lot lately either is he? ;-)

------------

------------

Also, you forget. I know who your authority is ;-), and he's not here an awful lot lately either is he? ;-)

You're assuming you know but I can assure you that whoever you have in mind is not the case!!!

...and before my the attempt on my character is continued:

I recall you stating on a recent thread that PM's could NOT be viewed!!

2. Forum PM's can be read. No they can't.

3. Chat PMs are being monitored. Not monitored at all - although the software does allow for this.

It's exactly this type of thing, i.e. users stating half-truths that stir these things up in the first place.

------------

------------

You're assuming you know but I can assure you that whoever you have in mind is not the case!!!

If you say so, however, I will reiterate: Mods do not read chat PMs.

------------

------------

...and HOD - your posts are not removed you are on moderation due to other comments made in different threads.

And if I may say so, it's my site, and if I dare (your words), then I do so.

If you would care to point me at these slanderous comments (I can read your posts whereas other users cannot), those users will also be put on moderation.

------------

------------

t is apparantly very possible to view the chat windows through software already on the site, as is done by CAG mods on regualar occassions.
That is the 2nd time on this thread that unfounded accusation has been made As I said before would you like to name and shame the mods, to Admin, that you are accusing ,along with your proof ? or is this another chinese whisper by a trouble causer ,out to cause unrest , that has been taken as 100% accurate by some people .

If my name is ever associated with this lie then I WILL be taking action against whoever says it as I have NEVER invaded anyones privacy in this way and never would.

I am not expecting any proof to be given to Admin of any moderator doing this ( besides the EX mod we know of ) as it is an unfounded rumour isn't it

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Guest NATTIE

Dave or Joni2bad, you have said that what was done was illegal. Can i ask what law has been broken? I am sure the trust of users have been breached which while not illegal may be upsetting. Where does the legal side of things stand, ie are we talking Computer Misuse Act 1990 or is there something else?

CMU - yes. Amongst others that will not be mentioned here.

------------

------------

That is the 2nd time on this thread that unfounded accusation has been made As I said before would you like to name and shame the mods, to Admin, that you are accusing ,along with your proof ? or is this another chinese whisper by a trouble causer ,out to cause unrest , that has been taken as 100% accurate by some people .

I assure you this is no chinese whisper, this was actually a breach of my own personal privacey. You say that pm's and private rooms can be viewed by mod's, fair enough, then why are they disscussing amongst themselves peoples private issues which have no reflection on the site whatsoever.

ahhhhh a change of tactic .. do I take that as you have no proof ? your own PM's you say .. can you provide the proof this has happened ?

if you do then Admin are waiting to see it

I can't talk for other mods but as far as I go what I talk about in private is none of anyones buisness and who do you think you are to ask ? :)

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

As expected , when asked for proof it goes quiet :)

OK then you tell me why my private issues were disscussed amongst mod's???

OK then you tell me why my private issues were disscussed amongst mod's???

If this is the case, then please forward me any evidence of this and it will be dealt with.

------------

------------

NickLowe: Please post it here now - your posts are moderated and I can see them.

...or PM me.

------------

------------

Well, since there is NO chatroom, nothing can be read ;)

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

I can't talk for other mods but as far as I go what I talk about in private is none of anyones buisness and who do you think you are to ask ?

My sentiments exactly, what I disscuss in private should remain private but this has not been the case.

I think I have every right to ask!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks