Halifax credit card.......Mis-sold ppi???????

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

My mum took out a credit card in July 2001 and named my dad as second user(he has kidney failure and has since 19999in nov 06 she got made redundant and tried to claim off her ppi to pay her credit card. they have eventually got back to her and saisd that she cant claim because they have been in touch with the family G.P and my dad had a pre-existing illness when she got the card and ppi. Is this right? Can they do this? I believe it is upto the seller of the ppi to check the history? Why does it make a difference when my dad is only the second user?????????Any advice will be gratefully recieved. THANX

xxx zara xxx

Hi,

My mum took out a credit card in July 2001 and named my dad as second user(he has kidney failure and has since 19999in nov 06 she got made redundant and tried to claim off her ppi to pay her credit card. they have eventually got back to her and saisd that she cant claim because they have been in touch with the family G.P and my dad had a pre-existing illness when she got the card and ppi. Is this right? Can they do this? I believe it is upto the seller of the ppi to check the history? Why does it make a difference when my dad is only the second user?????????Any advice will be gratefully recieved. THANX

Hello,

Its really good ppi they take your money and then tell you what you have paid for it actually useless to you.Please read this

PPI - Some Notes for Claimants..

PPI Claims

This is standard practice of these companies. How would they manage to give the fat cats at the top their premium:lol:

Did you give them permission to speak to your Doctor:eek: or did your gp just have to fill a form out.

The ppi sold was not fit for the purpose it was sold.

Do you have all the statement of payments of ppi that was taken from you. If not send a subject access request to them for the statements and make sure they send the original credit agreement as well. You will be amazed at what you receive if anything.

If you have the statement send a prelim letter requesting refund of all ppi payments. and of course cancel it.

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Have got no statements, rang them today and they said it £5 per statement for the 1st 5 then £5 per bundle of 5 and she has had the card about 6 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

xxx zara xxx

Tell them to shove that - the most they can charge is £10!

I'm also not happy with my Halifax credit card as looking back over statements, I was at times paying £80 or more per month for a policy which, you guessed it, never paid out when I was unemployed! I was in permanent employment when I took out the PPI, but within a few years was made redundant or on short-term work which rendered the policy effectively useless. I haven't added up the total PPI I've paid in the past 5 years to them, but it does appear to be thousands.

:(

Bank and credit card reclaims - £9,806

Sainsburys CCA non-compliance with FOS;

Natwest reclaim of £340 in progress;

Egg credit card reclaim in progress

Have got no statements, rang them today and they said it £5 per statement for the 1st 5 then £5 per bundle of 5 and she has had the card about 6 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They tell you porkies to put you off. :eek: £5 a statement, my botty:eek: Reclaiming back the ppi, is the same as the bank charges process,

1. get your info

2. prelim asking for it back

3. again asking for it back

4. Fos or court.

Start with your Subject Access Request. It cost £10 for all information

1. Data Protection Act, Subject Access Request letter - List of charges

I would IMO start the ball rolling it do give you great satisfaction:D

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Its Good to Complain and to be seen as a pain in the Ass to the Companies...;):p

They really do need sorting out, They have got away with sort of practises for far too long, Hopefully now the Issues of PPI are becomming more and more in the Public Eye too.

Im still waiting patiently here for my court date against GE, the sooner it comes the sooner the next lot of issues of PPI and Tacticts the companies use can hit the National Press..;)

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.