• Tweets

• No Andy, I'll scan, redact and upload later today. So the court sent me 2 letters, same envelope and stapled together but with different dates!. 1. N24 General Form of Judgement or Order, stating: UPON considering the papers herein IT IS ORDERED THAT The claim is listed for an attended hearing 25 May....... at which court will consider allocation..  etc   2. N24 Notice of PTR/Adjnd/Restored/Hrg/Management conference TAKE NOTICE that the hearing will take place on 24 May at....... When you should attend 30 minutes has been allowed for the Hearing   No other instructions anywhere in the envelope or on the letters. Do I attend both?
    • Then leave it just proceed with the claim( strike out/SJ application are risky).....the defendant will not be permitted to rely on written evidence (documented) only verbally as they failed to comply with the N157 (unless they have filed with the court and failed to serve you a copy) ?  
    • Ive asked court to strike out for non compliance but they came back and said needs £275 application fee and formal n244  
    • Did the N24 invite either party to submit a statement ?
    • Thanks for responding Andy, that was my understanding when receiving the N24, mild panic when I got Link's WS for the date though! not sure why they would send me theirs..
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Welcome Finance CCA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5620 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:mad: So got a response from Welcome. A few days ago their debt collection legal team sent a letter and today we got a letter posted threw the door by hand stating that Welcome are taking him to court. He can now defend the case or pay money due.

Am trying to get my husband a solicitor as he really does not fancy going into a court room as he feels that Welcome are in the right. Welcome have commited several offences though -They still have supplied no T&C's, no notice of debt being passed on, account still in dispute and they have filled for court.

Has anyone got any other thoughts or views on this matter. My husband is feeling very low in confidence when it comes to fighting these guys and any help would be much appreciated. :?

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They have issued a court summons. He has until 3rd of August to respond or hearing will be the 10th of August.

Has anyone got any advice for him?

Have you tried contacting Laiste? She is a solicitor and is very good advising people what to do on these matters. Try sending her a pm.

I'm afraid I can't advise you on this :(

Lan

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent :)

Hi 120805,

I got your PM. Can I ask, have you received a pack from the Court? It will have been issued by the Bulk Centre at Northampton. The reason I ask is, I am baffled by your comments regarding having until the 3rd Aug to respond, or a hearing will take place on the 10th? When you receive a claim pack, the Court allows 5 days for service, and then a further 28 days to file the acknowledgement of service and file a defence and possible counter-claim. Then depending upon the value of the claim it is allocated to one of the three tracks-small claims, fast track or multi track. Whichever track it is, it takes a number of months before any hearing takes place, small claims hearings taking the shortest amount of time to schedule, as they are the most straightforward type of case.

I would be grateful if you could clarify the hearing issue for me.

Regards,

Laiste.

Hi Laiste, thankyou for looking at my thread.

The letter that came through the door is titled Form 1a Summary Cause Summons and section 6 of the form reads - Return Day 3 August 2007, Hearing Date 10 August 2007 at 9.45am. The claim is for £1354.11 with interest at a rate of 8%.

Hope this helps

Hello all, I just wanted to ask a quick question if I may before I start my own thread re welcome?

I have an o/s hp agreement with welcome, I no longer have the car, but am still paying for it (and will be for the rest of my days no doubt). I have a query about the document fee that is mentioned here being included in the credit amount. I also have a fee which is included in the total amount payable of £150 but it is called an acceptance fee. Could the agreement be challenged on this basis as per the link someone put up?

Any ideas would be welcomed (pardon the pun)!

Hi,

Sorry I haven't got back to you, I'm very busy. You need to ring the County Court (where the order was issued from) first thing in the morning and ask for as many details as possible in respect of the scheduled hearing. Don't be fobbed off with vague or glib answers, and if needs be ask to speak to the manager. Not all Court staff are well informed, so make sure you leave the conversation satisfied with what you can expect to happen at the hearing and what documents you will need to have with you.

Kind regards,

Laiste.:)

P.S. Post back when you have these details.

Thankyou for your response Laiste, I can understand that you must be very busy and I appreciated all your help.My husband will phone the court in the morning.

We have had another thought that I was wondering if you could advise me on. My husband passed this account onto a debt management programme and we paid reduced payments for around 2 years through the DMP. Should a new agreement of been issued as the arrangement made for reduced payments would of changed the original agreement I would of thought?

Kind regards,

Hi,

A debt management plan invariably changes the original agreement as you are paying less than would ordinarily be expected of you. Depending on what arrangements the Company have made on your behalf, interest may have been frozen, of course pmts are reduced and the plan is usually reviewable after a specified period in order to re-examine your circumstances. I am speaking generally, because different Companies in discussion with creditors, reach different arrangements. Have you paid to enter into this DMP? The reason I ask is that there are Companies that offer services for free.

I have just realised that one of the reasons I was baffled by the Order that you have received is because you are in Scotland, doh! What a cretin I am!:rolleyes: I am only familiar with the law relating to England & Wales. Don't worry though, there are others here who have a lot of experience with Scottish law. The guy that springs to mind immediately is Robertx-yes I'm sure that's his name and he is extremely well informed and has a lot of experience. Let me suggest that you PM one of the moderators and ask them to contact him for you (as I may have got his name slightly wrong, but they will know him, he might even be a moderator) I think this is the best course of action, as the last thing I want to do is give you bad information that falls foul of your system.

If you have probs getting in touch with a mod and/or Robert let me know and I will do what I can to help.

Regards,

Laiste.:)

Hi, I think Laiste means Robertxc, if you're thinking of the moderator that is.

Abbey - *SETTLED IN FULL!* ;)

-£445 refunded after one phonecall

HERE

Lloyds - Reclaiming Charges ***WON!***

-09/05/07 - Prelim delivered

-22/05/07 - LBA sent - no response

-11/07/07 - Filed at court

- 26/07/07 - Full settlement offer!!!! Donation made ;)

HERE

Next - Trying to Sue us with no agreement! :lol:

-29/06/07 - Defence filed

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

-19/09/07 - Claim struck out!! :p

HERE and continued HERE

PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES IF I'VE HELPED!

From your thread it looks like you accept that you owe the money and they've provided you with a copy of the signed loan agreement. Is this correct? Assuming it is, if I were in your position I would be looking at damage limitation. CCA requests are ok, but are only realy effective at preventing legal action if they fail to provide the signed credit agreement. Technically they're also supposed to provide "a true copy of any other document mentioned in it", but the reality is that if they provide the signed credit agreement that will be enough for the court. you could try insisting on the absolute letter of the law, but you will probably just end up looking like you're trying to get out of a legitimate debt, which won't go down well with the sheriff at all! On the forms you got from the court there should have been a bit about 'time to pay'. If you're not disputing the debt I suggest that you fill this in. In my experience of many many hours sat in Dunfermline Sheriff Court waiting for my case to call it seems that the general rule of thumb is that time to pay requests that mean the debt will be cleared within three years are almost always accepted by the sheriff. I must stress that this is only my impression from having watched endless council tax cases in Dunfermline, it may be different elsewhere. Maybe you could split the outstanding amount into 36 payments and see how you go.

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Thankyou for your response Robertxc,

I didnt realise that you are from Dunfermline we are also from their and that is where Welcome (from Gardners St) have filed for court.

Will my husband still have to appear in court if he makes an offer to repay?

And should Welcome of supplied him with a new agreement when reduced payments where arranged?

My husband does owe the money and will repay but we sent off for the CCA in the hope of them not having one as we have alot of debts that we simply cannot afford.

Kind Regards

I think he will still have to appear - best to phone the court and ask them. The clerks in Dunfermline are very friendly and helpful. I don't think they would need to send a new agreement, I can't think why they would. I understand your point about the CCA request. As far as I'm aware no-one has ever actually gone to court and asked for a debt to be wiped out simply because the lender couldn't provide a copy of the agreement. I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but I've never heard of it. There have been some reports of lenders writing off a debt that they couldn't substantiate, but I'd be pretty surprised if a sheriff did it. Generally when a debt is disputed in small claims or summary cause the sheriff asks people very plainly to explain exactly the circumstances (i.e. "did you borrow the money or not?"). I have difficulty believing that a sheriff would let you off with it if you answered in the affirmative!

Robertxc v. Abbey - £3300 Settled in full

Robertxc v. Clydesdale - £750 Settled in full

Nationwide v. Robertxc - £2000 overdraft wiped out, Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Style Card - Default removed by order of the sheriff

Robertxc v. Abbey (1) - Data Protection Act action. £750 compensation

Robertxc v. Abbey (2) - Data Protection Act action. £2000 compensation, default removed

The opinions on this post are those of Robertxc and not necessarily the opinions of the group and do not constitute sound legal advice. You are advised to seek professional legal advice.

Hey everyone my husband has recently sent a CCA request to welcome finance, and they responded with a copy of it, however, the copy given does not have any T&C's attached, does not have a total amount due on it and does not have a cancellations procedure, is this still enforceable or have they not done what he asked in his request

Thanks in advance.

If they have supplied you with a CCA with no "total amount due" on it, then I am curious to know the figure that they will be trying to re-enforce in court... signed or not. You should have received a Statement of Account from them along with the CCA.... in order for you to see any payments made and the amount still outstanding.

Do you know if they have applied any unlawful charges to the account ?

I dont know if they have applied any charges or not. If they have then we have never been told about them. Would it be worth doing a SAR? The statements might not arrive before the court hearing though which is in first week of August.

It might be worth doing the SAR... but as you say.... it's unlikely to produce a result in time.

In your defence however, you should be able to state that you are disputing the CCA as being improperly executed.....no figures, (no APR either ?), no t&c's, no cancellation procedure, etc. How can a document with no figures on it be enforced ?... and... where is the proof that there is anything owing on the account if they have failed to supply you with a Statement of Account ?

I have not (yet) had to file defence, so you will need help with this.... but keep your chin up.... there is plenty of help on here.

Thoughts anyone ?

:)

Thankyou for your help PriorityOne. Am not too sure if you realise but there is actually figures on the agreement (they are blanked off on the one in thread). What confuses me about the figures is that the only part that states the total amount repayable comes under a heading "Total amount of loan". The figure that comes next to this only includes the actual loan and ppi. It does not include the whole amount thats repayable including interest anywhere on the agreement.

Thankyou for raising the point about the statement of accounts not being supplied. It never really occured to me that they cant prove any outstanding debt without them:)

Thankyou for your help, it is very much appreciated

I think you can request SAR information under the CPR rules. They have 10 days to provide it.

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE

I would suggest writing Next this letter (courtesy of laiste)

Address

Miss

XXXXX

XXXXX

XXXXX

XXxx July 2007

Claim Number: XXX XXXXX

Account Number: XXXX XXXX XXXX XXXX

Dear Sir/Madam

I have received the Court claim filed by your company. To enable me to file a defence and counter-claim, I require specific information regarding the account to be provided forthwith. Given that this matter is now the subject of legal proceedings, you are obliged to disclose under the Civil Procedure Rules, the information and documents detailed below. The information must be furnished by the (10 days from date of letter), which gives you ten days to provide what has been requested. If you fail to comply, this will be reported to the Court, a copy of this letter will be provided as evidence to the same and an order enforcing your compliance will be sought.

The following information is required:-

I hereby request all data that Welcome Finance hold on me from all relevant filing systems, to include a complete list of all transactions and charges on the account formerly held with Welcome Finance. I also require a transcript of all recorded phone calls pertinent to this account and all notes made in relation to those calls.

Additionally, where there has been any event in my accounthistory over this period which has required manual intervention by any member of Welcome Finance, or any other person, I require disclosure of any indication or notes which have either caused or resulted in that manual intervention, or other evidence of that manual intervention in relation to the account held with Welcome Finance.

If you are unable to supply this data because there has been no such manual intervention, then please be so kind as to confirm this in your response.

A true copy of the original signed agreement between Welcome Finance and myself.

Documents relating to any insurance added to the account, including the insurance contract and terms and conditions, date it was added and deleted (if applicable).

Details of any collection charge added to the account; specifically, the date it was levied, the amount of the charge, a detailed financial breakdown of how the charge was calculated, and what the charge covers.

A true copy of any Default Notice issued in respect of this account.

I look forward to your co-operation in this matter and receiving the documentation by the (10 days from date).

Additionally, as the information requested contains sensitive personal details, I expect it to be sent by guaranteed next day delivery, to ensure its safe arrival.

Yours faithfully,

Miss/Mr XXXXX

I would also send a copy of the letter to their solicitors.

Amend it to suit.

I wasn't told to send the £10 payment because it is under CPR rules not the DPA 1974, but Next mentioned this in their letter to me saying that as I hadnt included it, they wouldn't send any archived data, but it was only about 3 months worth I didnt get.

It's up to you if you send it or not.

HERE

HERE

-16/08/07 - AQ filed

HERE and continued HERE