cabot & barclaycard debt very old too

dave0876

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

cabot taken over my barclay card accounts these have been outstanding for well over eight years i did acknowledge the debtand have paid a small ammount of each about a year ago, but have asked for a copy of my signed credit agreement they sent a letter saying they would get this to me but did not have to supply this information but they own the debt now can they still chase me for this debt without the agreement that i have asked for please help as im sick of them ringing me at home and at work.

If you did not make any payments or acknowledge the debt within 6 years prior to the token payments you did make, then it was statutue barred at the time you did pay. In this case they can only collect anything if you volunteer to pay them and should you later cease payments it is tough on them as they cannot enforce via court.

I thought as much as not had a phone call of them since i asked for this,was gettin about five a day including at work which was completely out of order.what do u reckon the chances are that barclays will have the signed agreement as they sold debt on about four years ago took cabot three to find me.

I thought as much as not had a phone call of them since i asked for this,was gettin about five a day including at work which was completely out of order.what do u reckon the chances are that barclays will have the signed agreement as they sold debt on about four years ago took cabot three to find me.

Hello dave,

There is a high possibility that the Barclaycard "agreement" that you signed is nothing more than an application form!

If and when you receive a copy, can you scan it so we can take a closer look?

Then we can take it from there.

Best wishes, Jeff.