Mand "V" Abbey

Millymollymandy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, here goes!

I wrote to Abbey on the 2nd April requesting they refund the £6250 of fees I've paid over the past 6 years and as yet I have not had a reply. Do you think you could answer a couple of questions for me?

1/The 14 days I have given them to respond - does that include the weekend and bank hols or is that working days?

2/ I have since been told and read that asking for more than £5000 can prove to be more difficult and time consuming - is that the case? What should I do next?

Sorry - I sound such a dimwhit!

14 days is just that including weekends

£5000+ could possibly mean fast track but that also carries its own advantages. I am going fast track this time if possible as mine is £8800.00 however the principle and the law is the same so providing you follow the step by step instructions it should be no different and possibly quicker

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

Thanks Noobrider.

I'm trying to plan ahead as I know that Abbey will send me one of their standard "no deal" letters. How do I lodge my claim with my local court - do I just go down or can this be done on line? I've been on the HMCS website but I can't find any details. I've been looking through this website but keep getting lost!:-|

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider

• 2 weeks later...

Well, How confused am I!?!?!

I sent Abbey a second letter on the 20th April stating that as I had not recieved a response from them re: claim for charges, I am giving them the opportunity to pay in full or I will commence court proceedings, again giving them 14 days to reply.

I have today recieved a letter dated 10th April ( today is the 27th!!!!) stating the obligatory sorry you have been unhappy, blah blah blah. I decided to ring them and after 34 minutes on hold, spoke to a rather discruntled operative.

This is what she told me:

That they have 4 weeks to respond, within that time I will recieve another letter stating that they will be making a decision within the next 4 weeks (totaling 8 weeks) at that point they may well make a good will offer. She said that this time frame work has been given to them by the financial ombudsmen as there are approx 37,000 customers making claims and they cannot get through them within 14 days.

What do you think of this?

Has anyone else experienced this?

Also, could you advise me on what I should do next please?

Oh, where would I be without your advice?!?!?!?

Nit had any feedback yet from my last question - please help!?!?!?!

I forgot to ask awell - If Abbey make a good will gesture in the form of a cheque ( my account is now closed with them) if I accept it, does that mean it has to be a final settlement or does it mean I can accept it as a partial settlement and deduct it from the final amount?

Cheers!

Hi Mand!

First, it's your claim not Abbey's and so you set the timescale, they're going to try to fob you off whether it's by letter or on the telephone. It's not your problem if they can't cope with the volume of claims that they're getting, or that they choose to deal with them as if it's a complaint.

If you've sent the preliminary letter and the LBA then once the 14 days are up you can complete MCOL or N1 and start court proceedings.

Don't worry, it is a bit daunting but just read up on what other peoples experiences have been, look at the FAQ's and step by step guide and you'll get more confident.

If they make a GOGW you just reject it using one of the rejection letters from the templates library, or you could accept it and tell them you're only accepting it as a partial settlement ~ it's up to you!

Hope this helps!