Need To Phone Them

karen69

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5510 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is a long one.

I have a debt to a private company, not a financial institution. This was incurred when I was swamped in debt and failed to make payment for child care. Reminders were supposed to be issued if payment had not been received for 5 weeks but this did not happen. As my head was deeply buried in the sand at that time, I did not realise how much the debt had grown. I was given a bill which had run into thousands, no reminders had been issued for many, many months. I realise I have to accept some of the blame for this.

I tried to make arrangements to pay, but this was not successful and without my knowledge the debt was passed to a collection agency, Daniels Silverman. They were difficult to engage with and would not accept less than £20 per week, even though I could not afford this. I paid as often as I could, but admit to missing a few and DS passed my debt to Culpa Legal (again without telling me). I corresponded with them on several occasions but they failed to respond. Last week Daniels Silverman wrote to me out of the blue saying that they were sending someone to see me with. I phoned them straight away and they told me that Culpa Legal had gone bust and the debt had been passed back to them. I was not aware of this. I said I would recommence payments but asked them to send me a schedule of payments made to date so I could see where I was at. This morning they have written to me again telling me they are taking me to court.

This is really starting to make me feel ill with worry. I am more than happy to pay what I owe, but I cant pay what I havent got.

Any advice would be appreciated. I feel that this company are not acting within the guidance.

Thanks,

Im sure someone will come along who knows more than me on this subject......but firstly don't worry...even if you went to court the judge would only make you pay what you can afford.

Hope this eases your mind a little.