Obtaining Credit

Duffers Mum

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would advise asking for a copy of your credit file that will tell you.

I am not a legal expert my advice is given without prejudice and is purely my opinion only. If you are in doubt please seek professional advice.

Just a quick question. If someone obtains credit whilst being chased by a DCA would that mean that no default has been recorded against their credit file for the alleged debt? :)

Not neccasarily, may be the new lender has a lower threshold of lending criteria.

The easiset way to find out is to get a copy of your file from the credit reference agencies, Equifax and Experian.

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

Tried obtaining copies but because we have recently moved and not on voter's role, they would not do electronically and said to send copies of passports etc and can't be bothered with that. I would have thought that a default would mean no credit/loan/mortgage being granted, but perhaps I'm wrong (it has been known, but only very occasionally!! ;) )