Does HSBC close accounts after settling?

bob_999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have recently started proceedings to claim back my charges from my nationwide flex account, having read a number of threads in that forum it is apparent that they quite often close the account after settling, which is fine by me as I have another few accounts and would be happy to lose the nationwide one.

I also have a load of charges to claim back from my HSBC current account, the problem is I also have a business account with them and dont really want to jeapodise this...

I havent come accross any HSBC threads where the accounts have been closed, can anyone shed any light on this please?

Many thanks in advance

Bob

The banks aren’t allowed to use punitive action against any customer. They would need to have a very good reason to close any account beside the fact you have claimed charges back from them, as long as your business account is operating within its agreed limits there is no reason for HSBC to take any action to involve it in your dealings.

HSBC have closed accounts, but this isn’t often and has been on the second or third claim stage and quite honestly I think by that time the account holders aren’t that unhappy to see HSBC go either.

pete

Thanks for your help, the business account has never been overdrawn, or had any charges, (in over 10 years!) so hopefully it should have no effect.

Its just that it is linked to my personal account...

My personal a ccount is not currently overdrawn, (and I dont intend on going overdrawn any time soon) so I guess that means I should go for it!!!

Any other advice is much appreciated,

Thanks