DPA advice needed please!

charmaine25
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I posted my letter for the info under the DPA on 12th march. I enclosed the £10 cheque which my neighbour wrote for me as I don't have a cheque book. I wrote in the letter that she had written it for me.

They cashed the cheque on 23rd march.

Do I take the 40 days from when they cashed the cheque or from when I posted the letter. If it is from when I posted the letter then they only have until Friday to send me the info. I've not heard a thing from them.

And does anyone have a phone number for the DPA team in case I need to ring them?

If we assume that the letter was received on 14th March then the 40 days are up next Monday, so not too long to go.

I stupidly didn't send it recorded delivery though so I only have the proof that the cheque was cashed on 23rd march! my fault so will have to go 40 days from there.

I have just phoned them and they said that my address was showing up "untraceable" meaning according to the lady i spoke to that they have had post returned.

I told her that I have been receiving plenty of threat letters and have lived at this address since i opened the accounts.

she said that the dpa stuff wouldn't be sent to me but would be sent to a branch and i would have to collect them from there! also the brance would write to me once they are in!

is this a delaying tactic!

How come that you have been receiving threat letters and yet the bank cannot trace your address?

Are these letters from Nationwide?

If so send them a copy.

I can understand why they are saying that the statements would be sent to a branch but then again how can the branch write to you if your address is untracable?

It would appear to be a case of Gun,Foot,Aim, Fire!!

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

How come that you have been receiving threat letters and yet the bank cannot trace your address?

Are these letters from Nationwide?

If so send them a copy.

I can understand why they are saying that the statements would be sent to a branch but then again how can the branch write to you if your address is untracable?

It would appear to be a case of Gun,Foot,Aim, Fire!!

ha ha yeah i think so too! (the gun bit)

and yes i received a bank statement from them at the beginning of this month so they do have my address! they have now passed my "debt" over to ROXBURGH debt collectors.

this is for the charges that I refused to pay but i have already paid out approx £960. they are still charging me every month for being in an unauthorised overdraft even though i stopped using the account 18 months ago. they refuse to close my account and i have flatly refused to pay any more so this is why they send the threat letters.

they orriginally sent my "debt" to KPR debt collections and when i read the small print it says kpr is a registered business name of nationwide building society!!

i am completely prepared to fight this all the way though but what really annoys me is that they have registered a default notice on my credit file in relation to non payment of charges!