Libbi85 vs Abbey

libbi85
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

If anyone could help I would be really grateful.

I am currently at the stage of taking Abbey to court but I did not realise that you had to pay a fee between £30 and £120 at the beginning. Does anybody know if there is any way around this.

Unfortunaltely, I do not have the spare money to do that at the moment and do not want prolong the claim any further.

Thanks

:)

Hello Libbi

I'm afraid not unless you are on benefit or low income. Phone your court and make some enquiries is the best way to find out, they are usually very polite & helpful, and will tell you if you would be exempt from paying!

Phil:)

This is only my personal, honest opinion!

hi libbi,

as said before you are fee exempt if you receive benefits and this includes tax credits. you just have to take your award notice in when you take the paperwork and fill in another small form. Good luck x

I've beat HSBC, GE Money and Abbey

Court pending V Barclays and Time Retail

Oh well, thanks for your help.

The only thing I'm worried about is not getting the claim in before this new ruling passes through with regards to the maximum the banks have to pay back per charge.

It's all so stressful!!! :oops:

There won't be any ruling regarding a maximum amount they have to pay back. The law says you cannot make a profit from the breach of contract charges, therefore whatever anybody rules the bank will have to prove what it costs them and wont be able to charge anymore. They also will not be able to apply any ruling retrospectively so it will only apply to charges incurred after the charges.

Abbey £4340.59 *WON* Jan 07

Abbey II MCOL 31/03/07 £8800.00

Please note..I AM NOT AN EXPERT ANYTHING WHAT I POST IS PURELY MY OPINION AND MAY BE WRONG IT IS JUST BASED ON MY UNDERSTANDING OR EXPERIENCE

Read my latest claim its a fast track potentially

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/61406-noobrider-abbey-take-2-a.html?highlight=noobrider

read my first claim which includes attending a directions hearing in court

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/10576-noobrider-abbey.html?highlight=noobrider