Cabot and Citifinancial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all.

I have been reading with interest the threads regarding the dealings that you have been having with Cabot, and thought I would start my own timeline/thread.

On the 15th I CCA'd them for an alledged debt which they have been pursuing for Citifinancial.

I was paying around £20 per month, but since I started to read more and more threads, I thought that I would intervene and stopped the payments immediately!

Fee of £1.00 was enclosed, stating that this was not to be offset against any alledged debt, and sent recorded.

So clock is ticking, and will keep you all updated

Red

Hi Soreheaded Bear, it does feel good to take control and I hope that it all goes well with you and your request (i.e. that they default!), but these guys Cabot seem to be a bit of a pain!!

Oh well, we are all here to help and support each other aren't we?!!

Regards

Red

Sea horse, thank you, I must say that I have read a lot of your posts while reading all the goings on with Cabot and you have been really helpful, and full of knowledge, and make me laugh to boot! Think that I will enjoy this one :)

Sea horse you are too modest! Without the help and advice not to mention the support of people on this site, I would be wearing a straight jacket!

In line with the thread, not a sausage!

TY Red

No. Really. I am just making it up as I go along.

I didn't have a scooby that we had all these rights. I got a call from this lot without a notion who they were, so decided to do a Google. Surprise!!!! tBern's thread came near the top of the list. And then I found that the CCA thingy that was mentioned on every loan and credit card agreement I ever signed (didn't sign a Barclaycard agreement, just in case you're wondering Cabot) was actually there to protect ME. NOT the sharks and bottom dwelllers of the financial underworld.

So, it has been a rewarding experience learning as I go. And I'm sure you'll have as much fun in your questy for enlightenment. Daunting at first, but as yiou get to the top of your first hill, you will see that all the other hills are easy to climb too. There are no Everest's in your way.

Go gettem. ;)

Sea horse thanks again, I have received another statement from Cabot who are now charging interest onto the debt at 12.7% APR.

I am not enjoying this any more as another DCA has provided a true copy of the CCA I requested and demanding money in full :mad: in 10 days.

No, they can't. You are disputing the debt, Red. So don't pay them anything, and maybe just write to them to say so, and you will be deducting any interest or penalties accruing since your dispute woas brought to their attention. Evn if it does transpire that you might possibly owe them anything at all.

Don't panick about the true and original agreement. Make sure to go down the road of trying to find out if any of that debt was made up of claimable penalties too. And tell the DCA that you will certainly NOT be paying anything at all, let alone the whole thing within 10 days, as this debt too is in dispute. Tell them you MAY be contacting them again once the dispute has been resolved (ie you find out how much, if anything you actually owe), to further discuss clearing the account. But until that time, they WILL cease to threaten and harrass you with intimidatory letters and/or phone calls. Otherwise you will be seeking legal redress from them.

Make sure you repeat your assertion that you in no way acknowledge these debts.

Don't let the beggers bully you. But DO keep us up to date on your progress. We're all behind you now. How can they possibly scare you now that you have the CAG army supporting you. :)

• Haha 1

Thank you Sea Horse for the detailed response (again) I should be on a PA secretarys wages with all of these letters LOL (all these debts are hubbys).

Turns out that the "agreement" that the other DCA have sent is not what I have legally requested - so they will be sent a nice letter today:) telling them that they are currently still in default...

And as for the interest - cheeky swines..thanks psykix just as I thought, but gald you clarified for me.

Am feeling a lot better now!

And its sunny too!

:D

Update.

1 x Cabot statement 16th April total (including the interest which they applied as per above thread) £4015.94

1 x Citifinancial statement 16th April total £4001.17

Interest from Cabot was charged at £39.76 so figures really dont add up!

Oh dear oh dear oh dear

PS no repsonse to my CCA request

So you havn't even had a default statement? Weird indeed. Have you checked your credit records to see if there IS a default registered? If not, I don't see how it can have passed to Cabot for collection, as I'm 99.99% positive they only buy debts.

And if they have sold it on without you having officially defaulted... Hmmmmm.

HI SH, no I havent checked to see if there was a default registered, will put it on my ever increasing list of things to do!!

Did get a reply from Cabot today though :)

Their reply dated 17th April (day after statements!) reads

Further to your previous communication regarding the above referenced account

We have today contacted CF to investigate your query and hope to resolve this matter swiftly

Although we anticipate a reply with the next 21 days it can take up to 8-10 weeks

What is a laugh is under the signature they state

Cabot Financial is licenced under the Consumer Credit Act 1974

LOL

Found some paperwork which is a default notice served on 8 april 2006 by citi financial. Although within the default notice that in order to remedy the breach then a few hundred pounds was required to be paid by 21/04/06 which i know for a fact was not!

stating interestingly an outstanding balance of £4001.17 which is identical to the statement which they sent a couple of days ago.

Oh and it now seems that citi have been sending a statment every month, in addition to the Cabot mail.

HI SH, the Citifinancial statement is as though the debt is till with them, just an ordinary statement not even a default statement. WIERD!

Are you sure the statement is actually from Citifinancial ?

Did it come in one of their envelopes of a Cabot envelope...

Not that I am suggesting that Cabot would dare produce a statement on another companies paper... opps sorry, that is exactly want I am saying:D

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

Hi tbern, I hope you werent winding me up with your thoughts, as I rumaged through my recycling bin yesterday (at least my recycling bin is only for paper)!

The envelope is from Citifnancial, not Cabot and included is an envelope (postage not paid!) addressed to CF so that I could (if I chose to) send them money. But CF have not chased directly for the debt. Just Cabot.

To quote a fluffy white mammal "curiouser and curiouser"

Sorry didn't mean you to go through your bin. I am perfectly serious. I have documentation from Cabot admiting that they do produce statements on banks headed paper.

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

Oh my goodness tbern, these people (if I am allowed to call them that) are devious. I guess that in my case Cabot are not reproducing my statements onto CF paper, as it would not be in Cabot's interest for me to send money to Citifinancial instead of them.

I have applied to Equifax and Experian for credit info to see if this will clarify my position!