Jump to content



style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5346 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

About 6-12months ago i asked my bank if they could put a block on me going over my overdraft limit, They Said NO!


Now i have sent letters for claiming my charges back for the past 6yrs,

I suddenly CANNOT go over my £50 overdraft limit. Strange when they said they couldnt do it few months back. Is this normal behaviour from banks?, Also my direct debits still went whilst overdrawn but recently they are all refused and reversed when im a bit in my overdraft. So i receive another £25 charge


Anyone else experienced this?

Link to post
Share on other sites

slinkyboy, we have the same issue with HSBC as well. They say there's nothing they can do to stop you going over your overdraft (which kind of begs the question why bother having one?) and then the next month all of a sudden you can't, just when you REALLY need to. Some people might say that thats bad financial management, and I would agree, but sometimes when something comes out of the blue, it's just damned neccessary.

DCA's - they have the same power as an infinite number of untrained chimps working on a script for Hamlet, but the chimps would probably at least get it right :D

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the reply guys, Im in stage 3 of my my claim and still waiting for a response, But no luck as yet (As predicted) But im still going through with it all.


I just find it strange when they say they cant do something when they blatently can.


I have had a bit of financial struggle this month but have done really well to stay inside my £50 O/D limit and needed some money for shopping as i have a young daughter and cannot see her go without. My Girlfriend was signed off work for 6 weeks with Glandular Fever so we were losing £100 per week from her part time job. We really needed some money to get us through the week. So i tried to take out £20 when im only £37 into my O/D and then it says "your card issuer will not allow this transaction". Strange as up until i started my claim back in Feb/March i have always been able to go any further in my O/D. But now i can no longer. Direct debits have also started being rejected when they always went fine when i was overdrawn.


So not only are the banks screwing us over, But they blatently Lie to us all and surely they must be breaking more banking laws by doing this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

i agree with netty - these guys are a law until themselves.

so, you've sent the lba and they've not responded - it may be a struggle to find the money to file the claim - it doesn't have to be e xactly 14 days after the lba - this is your claim - you file it when you can. the charge is on a sliding scale and i think it is slightly cheaper to file the N1 which means you file it at your local court instead of over the internet - but if you are counting the pennies - it probably helps.

Getting MCOL Right this will help - most of it is for mcol but there are very important N1 details in there -

also, you may be able to get help/exempt from fees - check this:

What if I cannot afford the fee?

The fee you will have to pay to the court will depend on the amount you are claiming, including interest. You will have to pay a court fee unless:

  • you or your partner receive Income Support;
  • you or your partner receive Pension Credit guarantee credit;
  • you receive Income-based Job Seeker’s Allowance;
  • your gross annual income is £15,050 or less, and you receive Working Tax Credit with a ‘disability element’ or ‘severe disability element’;
  • your gross annual income is £15,050 or less and you and your partner receive Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit between you;

If you show that the payment of a court fee would involve undue hardship to you, the Court Manager may reduce the fee or “remit” (say you do not have to pay) the fee.

For further information, or to apply for fee exemption or remission, ask the court staff for a copy of the combined booklet and form
EX160A - Court Fees - do I have to pay them?
This is also available from any county court office, or from our website
You will have to make a separate application for each fee that is payable.





very good luck to you and get back if we can help.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    • No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...