Flopper Vs Capital one

flopper
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5769 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

SAR sent today, they have till 26th May to comply.

Flopper

Current Progress

Halifax current account - On Hold

Halifax visa - Won, settled in full 6/08

Capital One - Won settled nearly in full 5/08

HFC (Beneficial Finance) - DCA letter recieved 3/4/09 after 17 months of silence and being told account was paidoff Dec 07!!!. 1 phonecall and i recieved and offer of double what my claim was, waiting for cheque as of 16-4-09

Woolwich - Settled in full 17-5-07

Best of luck Flopper, hopefully you'll get your statements fairly quickly, keep us posted.

Deller

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Hi Deller,

What kind of timescale am i looking at? Do they eek it out till near the deadline like the halifax?

Flopper

Current Progress

HFC (Beneficial Finance) - DCA letter recieved 3/4/09 after 17 months of silence and being told account was paidoff Dec 07!!!. 1 phonecall and i recieved and offer of double what my claim was, waiting for cheque as of 16-4-09

I personally found Cap One quite quick in returning the statements, but I guess every case is different!!

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

You probably will have to file a court claim before they pay out. When you add up your charges i would suggest asking for Contractual Compounded interest too. They have charged you this at an expensive rate of interest.

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

Dont worry i will,

I am currently asking for compounded contractual interest with halifax visa so i am not shy about that one. Just have to wait and see what they have taken from me?

Thanks

Flopper

Current Progress

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Statements recieved today, will be sending prelim on Monday.

Flopper

Current Progress

• 1 year later...

OK,

i have left this one for a while and i have just sent cap1 a letter telling them to repay or i go to the FO just waiting for a reply. Il keep ya posted

Current Progress

Hi all,

got a letter today offering about 1/5 of the amount i am claiming, the usual £8 back from the £20 charged plus £10 to cover interest. Not going to accept this, what the next best course of action? I was thinking about sending the part acceptance letter and pushing them for the rest.

Current Progress

something like this Flopper

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear x

Re: ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxx xxxx xxxx xxxx

Thank you for your letter of x. I respectfully decline your offer of £x and request, once again that you refund all charges (and interest) imposed on this account, totalling £x. I feel that you may have misconstrued the ruling made by the Office of Fair Trading; at no point did they decide that £12 per charge was a “fair amount”, merely the amount that could be imposed before they would intervene. Your charges still need to be a fair reflection of the costs that you have incurred, if £12 is indeed a fair reflection of these costs then I would need you to provide a full breakdown of how these costs are accrued.

I now understand that the regime of 'fees' which you have been applying to my account in relation to exceeding credit limit, late payments and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

[...]

I calculate that you have taken £xin charges. I am enclosing a copy of the schedule of the charges which I am claiming. I have already sent you a copy of this in my original letter of x.

I require repayment in full of this money. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you in court (on xday xx) for the full amount plus my costs and without further notice.

Yours sincerely

xxxx

Thanks for that,

looks good but my only problem is i dont want to do court as N.Ireland is really awkward for financial claims (my claim does not fit into N.Irelands £ limits). Would the Financial ombudsman be as good as court??

Current Progress

mmmmmm,

i will have to think about this one then, thanks anyway.

Current Progress

Ok, im gonna accept their partial offer as i looked at my calculations and they were wrong so they are offering about half. This will do me as i have not had this card for years so it is extra money for doing very little. Thanks all

Current Progress