• Tweets

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Rita vs HSBC **WON**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6070 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all! I'm new to the forum, (after being referred by a friend). It would seem that I have made a silly mistake not sending my SAR by recorded delivery. I am nearing day 35 and have already been advised to give HSBC a gentle nudge to help the process along, (which I will send by recorded delivery !).

Have been avidly reading all the faqs and as many threads as poss trying to prepare myself. All help and advice will be gratefully received! I can't believe the amount of support and guidance that's available on this site -truly fantastic.

Am looking forward to pushing my claim through and showing CAG the money at the end. :)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hi rita welcome to the forum. nice to see that somebody is doing their homework in preparation for their claims. hsbc are really taking the pizzle by not sending your statements before now.... i'm sending a link just incase they don't send them within 40 days.

Data Protection Act - Non-Compliance - Template Letters

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

I think I must be one of the last people left not to do on-line banking!!! What can I say? (Apart from a bad experience with a credit card company many moons ago destroyed my confidence in the system). Thanks for the suggestion, I'll definitely give it a whirl if HSBC don't come up with the goods by the end of my 40 days.

Have sent SAR chase letter - by recorded delivery - telling them they are nearing 40 day deadline. Am looking forward to totalling the charges - i seem to have become that used to £125 appearing on my statements, that I've started to mentally budget for it!!!

(I've become totally addicted to this site over last couple of days. Can't stop reading about the battles people have been waging and the tactics the banks have adopted. Has fired me up to get out there and be part of this consumer revolution - bring it on!!!):D

That the spirit Rita, I found the site gets under your skin, and found the further to go in the process the more addicted you come and you will find you will be also help those who were in the same boat as you

Ggggrreeaat Stuff:D

Oyster

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

MCOL Filed 26th Feb 07

:-)

Defended 26th March 07:rolleyes:

PRT @ Cambridge 13th July 07:wink:

1st May Full Offer:grin:

Cheque arrived 16th May8)

So! Now I have access to my statements for the past 6 years, i have been charged £2,131.00 in excess overdraft fees:mad: and have debit interest that totals £431.79. Just thought I'd keep you up to date. Off to do lots more reading before sitting down and sending prelim letter tonight!

don't know how computer literate you are - so don't take offense if i offer the easier instructions i wrote for someone - as you mentioned not doing on-line banking before and also mentioning o/d interest - it must be done correctly - so...to that end.... try this thread - i wrote it how i could understand it... you are welcome to use it - it's post number 26:

honeygie v HSBC *****WON*****

take your time and get it right. put the letter off one more day if it means getting it all done correctly.

• Haha 1

No offense taken! Just grateful for the advice and pointers. You'll be glad to know that this site has helped me to get over my on-line banking fear (I always thought some flashing red light and loud buzzer would go off any time I tried to contact them - 'here's the person that owes us lots of money!' Mainly due to the fact that I have had intimidating calls from their call centre in the Philippines in the past.) Will let you know how it goes.

take you time - nice and steady and you'll get it - i did. it was my son's account i reclaimed charges for - and believe me i didn't know jack shxx when i started - no spreadsheets, no legal terms, nothing! that was last june and now i can't wait to get on here and help others get their money back. you'll get your too!

I hope so! This site is truly amazing - the amount of support and advice that people are willing to give just blows me away. I think the banks count on the fact that it takes a lot of time and effort for majority of people to get to grips with it all and that it will put us off. (Before finding this site, it worked on me!) Am reading my way thru the thread you sent me -thx.

i'm leaving for my nightly bubbly bath soon but if you've questions post away - my dear friends netty, pete, givememymoney and loads of others will be here to help. i check tomorrow to see how you are getting on.

Lateralus you are a star! The honeygie vs HSBC thread answered a lot of my worries about the spreadsheet. Am working my through very slowly, a bit at a time (basically because I don't want to make mistakes with two pre-schoolers running riot and diverting my attention !!!), and it does seem that I'll be able to request quite a lot of the interest I have paid back. Hurray!

Right! Have completed the advanced spreadsheet and my confirmed totals are £2,095 in penalty charges and £125.25 in interest. Now off to slot these figures into the prelim letter and will then be ready to fire both barrels at HSBC.:D I am really enjoying this!

i'm really pleased you got it rita - we've helped a good few that way - there is hope for us technophobes yet!

you know what - i did this for my son and never went onto the forum until i/he was accepting an offer from dg - i just watched and read.

now, i can't keep off here - the worm has turned! but i'd never, swear, even seen a spreadsheet much less filled one in - so there is hope -

just do as pete says - take it slow - get it right and get back with questions. well done, you!

Double-checked my figures, realised that had made the basic mistake of forgetting that my agreed overdraft limit has varied over the last 6 years, so went back through everything and updated the spreadsheet. New amount for interest is £242.71. Just goes to show that it's sometimes good to sleep on these things and then take another look with 'fresh' eyes!!!

Prelim letter all signed and sealed and posted with a big kiss!:D

Rita I hate to put a dampener or your celebrations of getting your Prelim out but it should make no difference to your calculations as to what your agreed overdraft limit was unless you had an interest free was this the case? :-)

• Haha 1

Guide to claiming back your bank charges

Most of your questions can be answered by following this link.

OMG! gmmm, you are right. And I thought I had read and read and read the instructions! How stupid am I? I have been through and corrected the figures on my copy of the spreadsheet. The difference is £33.30. What do you think the best thing is to do? Do I send a new letter with the correct figs on or leave it and see whether they notice?

:( Sooooo deflated! I have spent ages making sure I understood what I was doing. So glad you guys are around to help. Thx!