Ruthbridge on behalf of Cabot Financial

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First of all thanks for all the good advice on this site its good to know youre not alone.

If I may provide you with the situation so far and then I really need youre help.

In Feb 2007 I got a letter from Ruthbridge saying I owed Cadot finance 9k as they had taken over my barclaycard debt from Barclays.

I rand them up and they confirmed it was a debt which is now 2 months short of 6 years. I was in the RAF at the time and they claim it has taken this long to find me ??? which is odd as I am paying all my other debts off after sorting myself out.

Anyway I told them I needed to look into it and they said if I can arrange the finances they would accept 4.5k. I looked at my credit file and couldnt find anything.

Whilst looking I found this site (phew). I consequently sent them a CCA request on the 21st March by recorded delivery and asked could all future correspondence be by letter. Yesterday (15th March) they began to ring a lot. I got a letter this morning saying they would accept £100 a month and enclosed bank details and said I had 10 days to reply or they would recontact Cabhot for there instructions.

I called them back but the person who was dealing with my account wasnt there so I asked them had they recieved my CCA request.

They confirmed they had and It was being processed.

Im now really worried that they will take me to court ??

Hi there and welcome!

Did you send the £1.00 fee along with your CCA request, and if so has the cheque/postal order been cashed.

Also did your CCA request advise that the enclosed £1.00 was not to be offset against the alledged debt, and that the payment is the statutory fee for the request?

If the cheque has been cashed and you told them what the payment was for, then they are currently in default (after 12 working days), and committing an offense if trying to collect money without them providing you with the relevant paperwork after one calender month. So they would be hard pushed to take you to court if they are committing a criminal offense themselves!!

Also has it been nearly 6 years since you last paid towards this debt?

Regards

Red

The chances are, this will drag on a lot longer than 2 months, by which time it will be statute barred.

However, I can see them trying a sneaky little trick like trying to say your £1 fee is accepted as part payment, thereby starting the clock ticking again.

This is, of course, complete and utter bullsh1t. And as you will have neither paid anything towards this, or acknowledged the debt in the 6 year period, they can go play with themselves.

Cabot KNOW they are on sticky ground, hence the reason they have taken on this shower of bandits to chase you. In the hope that they will scare you into paying up.

Might I suggest, if you're reading this Cabot, it's about time you realised that people are starting to wake up to your very dubious practices, and it just won't wash any more. If I were you, Ken. I'd leave the stautute barred (or near as dammit) accounts alone in future. You'll only get your fingers burnt.

• 3 weeks later...

hi, i have received a letter from Ruthbridge first date 17/04/2007 I then sent letter requesting CCA, they responded on 24/04/2007 wanting to discuss the request I made, I requested that no telephone contact would me made and all future correspondance to be made via post. I telephoned on 24/ 04 trying to avoid threats of legal action as the person was not available i left my mobile number and she did not return my call untill yesterday 03/05. they making threats of pettition of bankruptcy and that it would take too long to send me the requested docuements. I have know discovered that they are in breach of the 12 day rule and that they are on they way to the 30day breach. The lady I spoke to MISS JONES is rude and harsh. she would not take offer of installments she only wants full balance.

Have you had any similar problems?

CAn you help?