• Tweets

• Thank-you dx for your feedback. That is the reason I posted my opinion, because I am trying to learn more and this is one of the ways to learn, by posting my opinions and if I am incorrect then being advised of the reasons I am incorrect. I am not sure if you have educated me on the points in my post that would be incorrect. However, you are correct on one point, I shall refrain from posting on any other thread other than my own going forward and if you think my post here is unhelpful, misleading or in any other way inappropriate, then please do feel obliged to delete it but educate me on the reason why. To help my learning process, it would be helpful to know what I got wrong other than it goes against established advice considering the outcome of a recent court case on this topic that seemed to suggest it was dismissed due to an appeal not being made at the first stage. Thank-you.   EDIT:  Just to be clear, I am not intending to go against established advice by suggesting that appeals should ALWAYS be made, just my thoughts on the particular case of paying for parking and entering an incorrect VRN. Should this ever happen to me, I will make an appeal at the first stage to avoid any problems that may occur at a later stage. Although, any individual in a similar position should decide for themselves what they think is an appropriate course of action. Also, I continue to be grateful for any advice you give on my own particular case.  
    • you can have your humble opinion.... You are very new to all this private parking speculative invoice game you have very quickly taken it upon yourself to be all over this forum, now to the extent of moving away from your initial thread with your own issue that you knew little about handling to littering the forum and posting on numerous established and existing threads, where advice has already been given or a conclusion has already resulted, with your theories conclusions and observations which of course are very welcomed. BUT... in some instances, like this one...you dont quite match the advice that the forum and it's members have gathered over a very long consensual period given in a tried and trusted consistent mannered thoughtful approach. one could even call it forum hi-jacking and that is becoming somewhat worrying . dx
    • Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant .... I said DCBL because I was reading a few threads about them discontinuing claims and getting spanked in court! Meant  YOU  Highview !!!  🖕 The more I read this forum and the more I engage with it's incredible users, the more I learn and the more my knowledge expands. If my case gets to court, the Judge will dismiss it after I utter my first sentence, and you DCBL and Highview don't even know why .... OMG! .... So excited to get to court!
    • Yep, I read that and thought about trying to find out what the consideration and grace period is at Riverside but not sure I can. I know they say "You must tell us the specific consideration/grace period at a site if our compliance team or our agents ask what it is"  but I doubt they would disclose it to the public, maybe I should have asked in my CPR 31.14 letter? Yes, I think I can get rid of 5 minutes. I am also going to include a point about BPA CoP: 13.2 The reference to a consideration period in 13.1 shall not apply where a parking event takes place. I think that is Deception .... They giveth with one hand and taketh away with the other! One other point to note, the more I read, the more I study, the more proficient I feel I am becoming in this area. Make no mistake DBCL if you are reading this, when I win in court, if I have the grounds to make any claims against you, such as breach of GDPR, I shall be doing so.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

MBNA beaten, now it`s the Halifax....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5780 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Within the last month I have stated action against the Halifax for bank charges (amount unknown).

I sent the SAR on the 31st March 07 and as yet have heard nothing from them to acknowledge reciept of the request or complaint.

I`m hoping that as I had success in reclaiming £2456.00 back from MBNA, this will not be an easy ride, but a slightly more knowledgable journey to getting my money back.

Has anyone else dealt with Halifax at this stage? also after reading quite a few threads on HBOS, I am getting the impression they are not very good at "giving a little extra" with customer satisfaction?

Love to hear your views.

Liney, not a shiney

MBNA £2456.00 Recovered in full:)

Halifax: SAR sent 30/03/078)

Hi,

I just won my second claim against HBOS and they ignored everthing I sent them. They then ignored my court return date and court calling date. Got my cash in full plus interest about a week and a half after court calling date, they just paid it into my account without a word. Strange lot. You will just have to wait the 40 days, then send them a Non-Compliance letter.

Best wishes.

Scott.

• Haha 1
Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Thanks for yor post Scott,

It amazes me how they operate, I spoke to a friend who is a few months in to his claim with HBOS and he has had nothing back from them at all.

With MBNA, they did at least acknowledge the complaint and once they had made an initial goodwill gesture, they were fairly open and were also trying to open communications with me to resolve matters.

Did you only correspond by mail ? or did you try to hasten things along with telephone calls ?

Liney, not a shiney

I cant work out what they are doing, I've been going through my halifax claim since feb, at court action now and i get a random phone call and letter offering the full amount???????? I told them i at least want the full amount plus court fee, the lady said ok thanks and hung up?????? Now they are going to have to pay the 8% too.....madness!!!!!

• Haha 1

Hi Hugh,

Thanks for that, it does look like a one way thing with the halifax. I am just wondering if they ever sent you a copy of their commitment to customer leaflet which I belive is available in most branches? I am going to my local branch in a bit and will pick one up just to see what services they claim to offer, with regards to a complaint.

Liney, not a shiney

Hi, Balloon1435.

All my stuff was done by post, never phoned them once. Some people say it's better to do everthing by post as you then have something to prove what they have been telling you. Others have phoned and got their cash, no problem. It seems to work both ways.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Hi Scott,

Thanks for that info, I am a firm believer in postal communication with the banks, as you said at least you have proof. With MBNA they were quite eager to communicate over the phone, some of the advisors were trying to negotiate a lower accepted offer but always seemed to come unstuck when you play hardball with them or quote legitimate regulations to them. One of the MBNA crew actually asked me if I was a lawyer! He was quite shocked when I informed him that I had wrote to my MP and got a letter back from the Attorney General and The Treasury (Ed Balls MP) shortly after he terminated the conversation...

I will stick to mailing for the time being, I`m sure time will tell.

Thanks for taking the time to reply

Liney, not a shiney

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there everyone,

I submitted my DPA to the Halifax (recorded delivery) 42 days ago now, and believe it or not "NOTHING" from their customer service-complaints department-support staff or the cleaner come to that!

To be honest I didn`t really expect much more as the general feeling from the CAG forums is that they are useless. Just to give them the benefit I will wait until the postie cycles past in about 1 hour before sending the Non-Compliance letter which is already to send (recorded delivery) of course.

Does anyone out there feel that a further letter of complaint to the upper management would be worth while, highlighting poor customer service with respect to the DPA response times? I`m sure it`s something he already knows but hey, can they live in denial for ever?

Liney, not a shiney

MBNA £2456.00 Recovered in full:-)

Halifax: S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 30/03/07:cool:

Halifax: Non Compliance Letter sending 11/05/07:cool:

Postie went bye my house today.

Non Compliance Letter sent this afternoon.

Liney, not a shiney

Halifax: Non Compliance Letter sent 11/05/07:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Still heard nothing from the Halifax.

Can anyone advise me what is the best course of action with these clowns?

I really want to take the militant approach with them as they are being plain ignorant.

Liney, not a shiney

Halifax: Non Compliance Letter sent 11/05/07:evil:

Halifax: :mad: :mad:

Try giving them a quick ring, this can some times work.

If not then you can file at the county court. It will cost roughly £63, but you can claim this back, and if you are on benefits, you will be exempt.

Here are the forms you will need...

N1..

http://www.hmcourts-service.gov.uk/courtfinder/forms/n1_0102.pdf

Poc..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6971-data-protection-act-non.html

• Haha 1

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Sea-sidelady,

Thank you very much for the advice, I dont suppose you have a good contact number for Halifax? (correct department) Looking through the threads there seems to be loads! and you appear to be a well oiled machine with Halifax, looking at your success.

Liney, not a shiney

Halifax: :evil: :evil:

Like you say there are plenty of numbers around.

Try these...

Can you let me know if they are ok. ;)

F&Q's... Read here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Thanks again,

I will try later on today if I get a chance.

Could not help but notice that all the phone numbers are at a price, just another stealthy way of banks making money. What ever happened to free banking?

Will report back if I have any success...or if I don`t !!!

Liney, not a shiney

0845604700 This is one that has been used today sucsessfully.

There will be some that are under the" say no to 0870" but i cant find them at the minute.

F&Q's... Read here

Lol, its ok i have added it in the stickys, and altered it.

F&Q's... Read here

Hi all,

Received a letter from the Halifax this morning (Data Subject Access Request Team) Something like this:

Dear ******* ****

Further to your letter of **/**/** I am pleased to enclose the information you requested. I hope this has provided you with the details you require.

Details of how we make use of your personal information can be found at Halifax - Privacy. the registered data protection notification details can be found at ICO – Information Commissioner's Office. If you have any difficulties accessing either of these pieces of information please let me know and I will be happy to forward you a printed copy of either document.

Yours sincerely

A Baffoon

[end]

Unfortunately they only sent me an additional sheet of paper with a list of charges (undefined) going back to 2004. I have just checked my first letter (DPA) and it clearly stated 6 years. What an absolute cop-out...

I`m so glad I sent the Non Compliance Letter.

Watch out Halifax, this is one P****D OFF customer who will not go away.

Sorry, Ranting and Raving over. The letter highlights £870 of charges, do I persue that now then chase the rest when I get the full DPA request? I know for a fact I had charges before 2004.

As the 7 days allowed under the Non Compliance Letter are up, I`m not sure what is the best way forward?

Liney, not a shiney

Halifax: Pathetic Letter received 26/05/07:eek:

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

After a year from starting the battle with Halifax and dare I say it " waiting for the test case"

Sent the LBA,

N1 prepared,

1st July N1 goes in to County Court.

I know a lot of water has gone under the bridge and more and more cases are on hold with the court, but that patronizing letter Halifax sent me last week done nothing more that force my hand to go to court.

I do have one question; looking at the court fees, am I correct in thinking that £85 is the right figure for a claim in excess of £1500 but less than £3000?

balloon1435

Thanks Tilly,

I had to search hard as a couple of the links I found were very confusing, they went in to quite some depth about what the claim was about and the cost did vary quite a bit.

I`m sure this claim will be held almost immediately in stay, but I remember reading somewhere that the court in which I will be serving the N1 (Lincoln) the magistrates are less than impressed at the banks approach to these claims and the flipant no-shows!

Has any one heard anything like this?

I`m just about to serve another SAR on Halifax for my better half :lol:

balloon

Hi, just read your thread aobut action against HBOS. I won back £1,876 last year & admit to being a bit upset that they didn`t put up more of a fight! I notice also that you took action against MBNA. I am about to do the same on 2 of my accounts with them. Any advice?

Thanks

Al

Hi aliboy,

Going by how easy Halifax were with you, MBNA were not too much trouble. I followed a strict timeline which they were rubbish at keeping on-line with, they kept trying to call negotiate a lower price but I stuck to my guns and they settled the full amount plus interest. Going against the grain slightly I did have to call to speak to a customer advocate officer at the final hurdle, he actually sorted the "goodwill" payments out. It might be worth the odd phone call from you after you have identified the amount plus interest.

First thing, Have you submitted your SAR?

balloon1435