Can anyone help?

cookie247

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5304 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello All,

I have Neglected my credit cards for about 5 years and they have put on charges upon charges all are with DCA'S, and now trying to sort through and start paying these to clear my credit file. But since this all about bank charges and reclaiming, do I going through the DCA's ask for all statements, then go back to orginal creditor to dispute these charges and offer them everything I owe minus the charges, as I don't want the DCA's offering a settlement as thats what would appear on my credit file as only paid a settlement. Also if the bank puts e.g balance 3500.00 on your credit file and agrees to drop the charges, will they amend your credit accordingly?

Thats for reading this and any help!:)

I would send a CCA letter to each of the DCA's to see which ones have actually got signed agreements. Its letter N in the General Debts template letters. You need to send a £1.00 p.o/ cheque with each one and recorded delivery. They have 12+2 days to respond. If they haven't sent the agreement in this time the're in default another 30 days then its a criminal offence and they cannot then enforce the debt until they produce the agreement. Wait and see what comes back and update for further help.

The DCA's probably wont have all of your charges/statements. You will need to do a SAR to each of the original creditors for this and include the statutory £10 fee, the original creditors have 40 days to respond to your SAR. You will find a template for a SAR in the bank charges section.