• Tweets

• OK, you made a bad mistake by outing yourself as the driver. But that's not fatal.  It's a case of one argument unfortunately down, but lots of other arguments still standing.  Chiefly that this is a scam site with an invisible line separating two car parks in order to entrap motorists. 1.  As LFI says, send a SAR to MET so you can get your hands on their original invoice.  Invest in a 2nd class stamp and get a free Certificate of Posting from the post office. 2.  About six months ago, when the tsunami of cases at this site started, lots of Caggers contacted the CEO of Starbucks  https://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-82463&c=Starbucks UK-General Manager  Starbucks then contacted EuroGarages which seems to be another company in their group, and which runs the Stansted branch, and which got the invoice withdrawn.  However, after one, two, 10, 20 of these cases Starbucks seemed to get fed up.  However, it's only an e-mail, and surely worth a shot.  Lay it on thick about being a regular Starbucks customer but on this occasion you found the branch closed, and it is completely unfair to be charged £100 for briefly stopping in a car park while trying to use Starbucks. The main point here though is that MET are very, very wary of starting court cases for this site.  If they don't do court there's no reason to pay them.
    • Thanks jk2054, you were indeed correct. I've received the court order requesting documents and the witness statement etc. which I will read through and begin to compile shortly.
    • Find out what these WhatsApp scams are and what to do if you receive a message from a scammerView the full article
    • You need to send Met an SAR and they will send you the original PCN .. However all their PCNs appear to be the same and as the car parks are on airport land the keeper is not liable for the debt. Only the driver is responsible. But there are other considerations which can be enough for you to win. Poorly lit signage; scam site, it's a penalty; as well as problems with the contract. So you have a lot of things going for you as well as Met are not keen to take well defended cases to Court.  
    • The brand, which runs 216 shops as well as franchised stores, is looking at ways to save cash.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Lulan7 v FD

lulan7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6069 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I received my bank statements on Thursday from First Direct, 3 days before their 40 days was up!

I've started to go through them and noticed that one particular month they charged me an excess overdraft fee of £119 and also took £9.68 interest out of my account too.

Should I be claiming this back or just the overdraft fee?

Thanks in anticipation

Mine is not quite that much £3.5k but I think they take longer for higher amounts and dont make early offers.

Keep posting updates though - good luck :-)

If at first you don't succeed, dig your heels in!!!!!!!!!!:D

First Direct - SAR 27/2/07 ; Statements received 30/3/07; Prelim sent 31/3/07

Barclaycard - SAR 27/2/07; Statements to '04 received

Hit List - Halifax; Lloyds TSB; M&S Credit Card

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I received this letter today

First Direct does not agree with your contention that the charges which have been applied to your account are unlawful and are therefore unenforceable. The contract between the bank and its customer is governed by our terms and conditions. In respect of overdrafts, I would refer you specifically to Part 2: Operating your account, clause 6.9, which states:-

''If your account goes overdrawn without an agreed overdraft, or you go over an agreed overdraft limit, we will charge interest at our Unauthorised Overdraft Interest Rate on the amount of unauthorised borrowing. We will also charge you an Overdraft Fee for any statement month when the balance on your account exceeds your limit, whether for one day or more. An excess overdraft fee will also be charged for any day where there are subsequent increases in the excess or a reoccurrence of an excess during the statement month. Our Overdraft Fees are published in our Interest Rates and Charges Leaflet.''

Our fees and charges are clearly stated in our published Interest Rates and Charges leaflet and in the circumstances in which these charges apply are clearly set out in our terms and conditions which you will have been provided whith a copy of when you opened your account.

We are therefore unable to agree to your request. If you wish to escalate your concerns to the next stage, you can write to Robert Kernighan, Customer Relations Manager, at the above address.

If we do not hear from you within the next 8 weeks, we will consifer matters resolved.

Complaints we cannot resolve may ultimately be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service, further details of which can be found in our 'listening to your comments' leaflet

Yours Sincerley

Melanie Dyson

Customer Relations

I am planning to go ahead with my LBA on Friday but this letter has made me a bit nervous. :(

Hi my LBA expires today (not heard a thing from them), cant decide whether to send them a nice email saying i will be filing at court next week unless a full offer is made, or to just file next week?

GE MONEY- Settled 5/06/07

Capital One - Won 15/06/07

**Treat everyone as you would expect to be treated yourself**

LBA posted 4th May 2007

I haven't heard anything yet but am sticking to my timetable. I gave them 14 days so have another week before filing my claim.

That's the bit I'm worried about, I'm not too hot at filling in forms!!

Dont worry I filed using MCOL yesterday, was quite straight forward really. The info mentioned in the thread above is really helpful. Will keep you informed how things are going

GE MONEY- Settled 5/06/07

Capital One - Won 15/06/07

**Treat everyone as you would expect to be treated yourself**

I went to the courts they were really helpful when filing the N1 no problem, FD did make me an offer of about half, after the N1 added a few hundred more. Didn’t acknowledge I have a legitimate claim against them but to save their costs etc etc….

Good luck Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I've checked again today on Moneyclaim and FD have filed a Defence and it says that the case will be referred to my local court.

I was hoping that it wouldn't get this far but I have had no offers from them whatsoever - all I've had are 2 letters from them basically telling me to get lost!

Does this mean that I will definitely have to go to court?

L

Hi All,

I've checked again today on Moneyclaim and FD have filed a Defence and it says that the case will be referred to my local court.

I was hoping that it wouldn't get this far but I have had no offers from them whatsoever - all I've had are 2 letters from them basically telling me to get lost!

Does this mean that I will definitely have to go to court?

L

They will settle when you get your court date..They dont want to stand up in court even more than you dont.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hi Lulan

Don,t be concerned about going to court, just be prepared, the law in on your side! Have you recieved a copy of there defence yet? If you dont mind me asking, on what grounds are they defending your claim? It will be interesting to see what/if they will throw at me in another 14 days.

Hi Joeyboo

I haven't heard anything further yet. I filed on MCOL, my claim was issued on 21st May and when I checked over the weekend I noticed that the status had changed to Defence. It just says that I cannot progress online and the case will be referred to my local court. I've been expecting to receive something in the post but nothing so far.

I'm not sure how long I should wait if I don't hear anything.....

L

Hi Lulan I would wait until friday, that is a week after the defence filing date, i think, and call Northampton Bulk Centre to see if the case has been transferred to your local CC and where is your copy of their feeble defence. I await your case with interest, because I think they will head the same way with me, but are dragging their feet for another 14 days! Good luck