• Tweets

• I were recently in an accident with another vehicle earlier this month and swapped details of both myself and the owner of the garage etc no police were contacted and both able to return as normal.   After contacting the garage they then inform me later on, in the day they required my own insurance to cover the cost only to be a named driver on the one being repaired and informed them of this.   I then requested they come collect the vehicle in which they did days later.   Didn't hear much more until recently with the owner of the garage contacting in abit of a panic for insurance details again and explained once more being a named driver on the policy, His insurance has received a '3rd party allegation' in which the garage owner has passed my details on for being the driver.   I and others have used this person for years and when we first used him I would ask him verbally how come we can swap vehicles and he informed me he had business insurance to cover anyone whilst their vehicle gets repaired and this is clearly a lie.   I did get some legal advice and one of them were to wait for a Notice of Intended Prosecution but i am concerned the owner might not be telling the truth to their own insurance or not telling them what happened??   Should I hand myself in the police and tell them the garage isn't being honest?   Any help or experience/expertises would be greatly appreciated.        
    • Tyne Tunnel rescinds 11,000 toll non-payment fines WWW.BBC.CO.UK Norris Atthey said he would "not be bullied", as new figures show 43% are successfully appealed.  
    • I've been trying to resolve a issue with 8 PCN issued by Tyne Tunnel 2 (tt2.co.uk). Tyne Tunnel 2 is a gated toll charged tunnel to cross the River Tyne in Newcastle. We moved in recently so all a bit new to us. My dad had been using the tunnel about twice a week and he had been paying cash for the toll fee at the booths. At some point in November 2021 they had done some constructions where the gates had been closed and payments had transitioned to online methods. My dad had been oblivious to this and been on his merry way multiple times thinking that he doesn't need to pay. So he received the first PCN some where end of November which had been issue on the 26th after which point I went on alert and sorted out the online accounts and such. However the current total of fines has amounted to £255.20 and I have appealed explaining that soon as the letters were received we have resolved the issue but they insist on us paying 8 PCN. I feel it's unfair that the fine is for the same offence which we couldn't have rectified or known until we received the first PCN letter and after the first PCN we have rectified it so feel they are being bit draconic. Any advice on this matter? 
    • Hi,   Wow, fantastic advice! Thank you very much, I shall make the adjustments to the witness statement today.   I  am yet to receive the witness statement from Armtrac/BW legal!   I have just sent BW an email now, stating what was recommend by dx. If I'm not mistaken, by doing so, I have to send my WS by post rather than email? If so, is the deadline to send it out today?    Thanks very much for all of your help!
    • Hi, first draft of snotty letter below. Any comments would be appreciated.    Dear PE,   I am in receipt of your letter dated 10 January 2022 and note its bullish contents.   Unfortunately I will not accept this shoddily compiled piece of utter cock and bull to be an LBC, as it fails miserably to come anywhere near that as required under the revised Civil Procedure Regulations. That leads me to believe that a court would summarily dismiss any claim made by you on that basis. As for the inflated amount of the claim, the POFA and contract law are very clear on this point and numerous examples of dismissed claims are in the public domain.   I paid the correct parking charge, for which I have proof, and the car park owner suffered no loss. I even left 15 mins early to allow some other mug use of the shockingly managed parking facility! It is now clear to me why it only ever has a handful of cars parked there. Inputting, correctly, only part of my registration number is clearly ‘de minimis’. Every time a greedy private parking company has taken such a case to court, they have received a heck of a kicking from the judge so stop wasting your time churning out robo-letters.   You know full well there is no wrongdoing on my part, so no debt. Your sordid little scheme is not an attempt to recover monies, but rather an abuse of the court system to pressure me to pay a sum I don’t owe. Therefore, if you are uninformed enough to take me to court, I will request the court issue an unreasonable costs order under CPR 27.14(2)(g).   I expect not to hear from you soon.   Your sincerely
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• Recommended Topics

Lulan7 v FD

lulan7

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I received my bank statements on Thursday from First Direct, 3 days before their 40 days was up!

I've started to go through them and noticed that one particular month they charged me an excess overdraft fee of £119 and also took £9.68 interest out of my account too.

Should I be claiming this back or just the overdraft fee?

Thanks in anticipation

Mine is not quite that much £3.5k but I think they take longer for higher amounts and dont make early offers.

Keep posting updates though - good luck :-)

If at first you don't succeed, dig your heels in!!!!!!!!!!:D

First Direct - SAR 27/2/07 ; Statements received 30/3/07; Prelim sent 31/3/07

Barclaycard - SAR 27/2/07; Statements to '04 received

Hit List - Halifax; Lloyds TSB; M&S Credit Card

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I received this letter today

First Direct does not agree with your contention that the charges which have been applied to your account are unlawful and are therefore unenforceable. The contract between the bank and its customer is governed by our terms and conditions. In respect of overdrafts, I would refer you specifically to Part 2: Operating your account, clause 6.9, which states:-

''If your account goes overdrawn without an agreed overdraft, or you go over an agreed overdraft limit, we will charge interest at our Unauthorised Overdraft Interest Rate on the amount of unauthorised borrowing. We will also charge you an Overdraft Fee for any statement month when the balance on your account exceeds your limit, whether for one day or more. An excess overdraft fee will also be charged for any day where there are subsequent increases in the excess or a reoccurrence of an excess during the statement month. Our Overdraft Fees are published in our Interest Rates and Charges Leaflet.''

Our fees and charges are clearly stated in our published Interest Rates and Charges leaflet and in the circumstances in which these charges apply are clearly set out in our terms and conditions which you will have been provided whith a copy of when you opened your account.

We are therefore unable to agree to your request. If you wish to escalate your concerns to the next stage, you can write to Robert Kernighan, Customer Relations Manager, at the above address.

If we do not hear from you within the next 8 weeks, we will consifer matters resolved.

Complaints we cannot resolve may ultimately be referred to the Financial Ombudsman Service, further details of which can be found in our 'listening to your comments' leaflet

Yours Sincerley

Melanie Dyson

Customer Relations

I am planning to go ahead with my LBA on Friday but this letter has made me a bit nervous. :(

Hi my LBA expires today (not heard a thing from them), cant decide whether to send them a nice email saying i will be filing at court next week unless a full offer is made, or to just file next week?

GE MONEY- Settled 5/06/07

Capital One - Won 15/06/07

**Treat everyone as you would expect to be treated yourself**

LBA posted 4th May 2007

I haven't heard anything yet but am sticking to my timetable. I gave them 14 days so have another week before filing my claim.

That's the bit I'm worried about, I'm not too hot at filling in forms!!

Dont worry I filed using MCOL yesterday, was quite straight forward really. The info mentioned in the thread above is really helpful. Will keep you informed how things are going

GE MONEY- Settled 5/06/07

Capital One - Won 15/06/07

**Treat everyone as you would expect to be treated yourself**

I went to the courts they were really helpful when filing the N1 no problem, FD did make me an offer of about half, after the N1 added a few hundred more. Didn’t acknowledge I have a legitimate claim against them but to save their costs etc etc….

Good luck Dave

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

I've checked again today on Moneyclaim and FD have filed a Defence and it says that the case will be referred to my local court.

I was hoping that it wouldn't get this far but I have had no offers from them whatsoever - all I've had are 2 letters from them basically telling me to get lost!

Does this mean that I will definitely have to go to court?

L

Hi All,

I've checked again today on Moneyclaim and FD have filed a Defence and it says that the case will be referred to my local court.

I was hoping that it wouldn't get this far but I have had no offers from them whatsoever - all I've had are 2 letters from them basically telling me to get lost!

Does this mean that I will definitely have to go to court?

L

They will settle when you get your court date..They dont want to stand up in court even more than you dont.

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.

Hi Lulan

Don,t be concerned about going to court, just be prepared, the law in on your side! Have you recieved a copy of there defence yet? If you dont mind me asking, on what grounds are they defending your claim? It will be interesting to see what/if they will throw at me in another 14 days.

Hi Joeyboo

I haven't heard anything further yet. I filed on MCOL, my claim was issued on 21st May and when I checked over the weekend I noticed that the status had changed to Defence. It just says that I cannot progress online and the case will be referred to my local court. I've been expecting to receive something in the post but nothing so far.

I'm not sure how long I should wait if I don't hear anything.....

L

Hi Lulan I would wait until friday, that is a week after the defence filing date, i think, and call Northampton Bulk Centre to see if the case has been transferred to your local CC and where is your copy of their feeble defence. I await your case with interest, because I think they will head the same way with me, but are dragging their feet for another 14 days! Good luck