• Tweets

• The courtesy car is a seat Leon. 21 plate. Not sure of value but way more than the car I bought.            
    • When I suggest that you don't give them the courtesy car at the moment. What is it and what is it worth? If they start talking about insurance and say that it won't be insured then I suggest that you take it off the road but hang onto it. It can be a useful piece of leverage although we will have to be very upfront about what you are doing.
    • Hi.  Yes I read the post about email. I think the message repeated.    They wanted the courtesy car back for another customer.    Thank you.           
    • I've answered your question about whether an email is appropriate in my earlier post. Have you not read it? Why did they threaten to take the courtesy car back? Scotty small claims procedure is slightly different and I think that the limits are less. I'm going to ask for some input from my site team colleague @Andyorch because frankly I'm always getting confused about Scottish procedure. Meanwhile, send the letter that I suggested above. That applies equally throughout the United Kingdom
    • I'm shocked at what I'm reading here. It's not the behaviour of Virgin which surprises me – that is completely expected and in fact I would be shocked if it was anything different. I'm shocked at the way that you are handling this and particularly that you have gone along with some verbal promise to remove the default if you made a payment. You should understand that these people never remove defaults unless they are forced to – by legal action. It's also clear that you haven't read the subject access request link because you will see that they are entitled to verify various aspects of your identity and you have told us that you were registered with them under an old address and that they don't have your new address that you have simply been redirecting mail. And yet you want a subject access request – presumably sent to your new address – because you have informed them that you don't live at the old address any more. I'm also a bit shocked at the fact that you came here on September 30 – two months ago – and within a short time, you received a number of replies and advice and then you disappeared until now, telling us that you have received promises from virgin which were kept, that you haven't had your statutory disclosure because you refuse to confirm your address – blah blah blah. Apparently got a mortgage application coming up and you are worried about the effect of a default on your credit file on that mortgage application. You are right to be worried – and although it may not affect it very much, it certainly a possibility. It is not at all clear whether your most recent conversation with virgin in which they promised to remove the default was recorded. Maybe you can tell us. Why won't you give them your new address? Don't you realise that apart from anything else if you don't give people who are creditors – or who claim to be creditors – your new address each time you move, that you risk getting a backdoor CCJ at some previous address – and that really would smash up your chances of getting a mortgage. If you want to deal with this then I suggest that you start off by beginning a new thread because already this thread is becoming derailed by disagreements as to what evidence you need when you send offer document, and also by the lapse of time which you have allowed even though this is apparently an important matter. You've been here since 2010 – but you haven't understood that there is a huge amount of goodwill here to help you and it's all free. We don't get paid. But when people dawdle about it and disappear for long periods then quite frankly there is a great deal of motivation which is lost. Please start a new thread. Set out the problem in a fairly factual way without too much and narrative. Tell us if you have sent documents and what evidence you have. Tell us if you have recorded calls – and importantly tell us if you haven't even though you might be embarrassed about that. We can help you – but you are going to have to invest yourself. Otherwise it's rather one-sided.   We can do this together and we will help you all the way and if you are right that they have made an error in their accounting and your credit file then there will be some compensation available as well.
  • Our picks

No statements recieved,giving them 7 days!

ripata

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5340 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,i still havent had a reply from Alliance and Leicester,so wednesday was the 40 days,so i sent a letter giving them 7 days,still not heard from them.But what should be my next step if i dont hear within 7 days?Thanks.

Hi, ripata.

Firstly, no point jumping the gun, give them till Wednesday to see if they comply.

Secondly, (minor point but important nonetheless), there's no need to start a new thread every time you've a question to ask. Just go back to your original A&L thread, it makes it easier to see what your progress has been so far. This helps us see what you've already done, so we don't give you the same advice again. It also helps new viewers to the site, who can then see the process we have to go through to claim the charges back, which in turn helps them to decide whether or not to go ahead with their own claims. :cool:

If they do not reply by Wednesday then I would suggest that you write to them again pointing out that you will reporting them to the Information Commisioner as they are in breach of the terms of the Data Protection Act 1996.

Hopefully this will have the desired effect

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Hi,Have recieved my statements!but only for my account not our joint account which i asked for at the same time,dont know if its because my account was only opened in 05,where as i have asked for 6 yeras on our other account.So i will be sitting down to work out what they owe me.So once ive done that i will need to send the next letter,is there a template on here for this?Thanks.

It should not make a difference when the account was opened-there must have been statements produced.

As such I go back to them and ask why they have not provided what you have requested from them.

There are templates on this site for the letters that yiu will need to send so good luck.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.