Can they demand loans/credit card debt back!!!!

furbyjaffa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya

I've been lurking for a while off and on but although I've gotten back charges for members of my family I've not done my own (Halifax & Natwest) yet as I'm worried about them being able to demand loans or credit card debt back!!

I know they can close your account and am prepared for this, as well as them demanding their £3500 overdraft back (any ideas on how they deal with that would be helpful too) but the other debts worry me against going ahead

Any advice would be fantastic

Tracy

So long as your accounts i.e. loan payments are up to date, they cannot demand that back, your loan payments will stay in place and you keep paying as normal.

With regard to your overdraft, they can ask for it back if they so wish, but its unlikely they will unless the account is being abused in any way, i.e. getting out of hand. If you are still using the account and paying funds into it regularly i.e. salaries etc. there is no need for them to ask for the overdraft back, unless of course they can see you have got into any kind of difficulty.

But so long as things are up to date and payments made on time and not in arrears with the loan or anything then they cant ask for it back all at once. And even if they did ask for the overdraft back, you could always make a payment arrangement with them to do this, and put the account in dispute to stop them adding further charges etc. until your claim had come through and you could then use the funds to pay back the overdraft.

Hang around and Im sure Nattie will be on tonight to advise a bit more on this one. Hes the expert on this sort of thing.

All the best, but dont be frightened.................. its ok. Get back what is yours.

Fendy xxx

I have a 1k overdraught on my natwest account, I am only paying in ehough to cover the interest and the loan payment that goes out and they havent asked for mine back yet :)

but thats me, can't say they will be the same for everyone :)

claim v natwest WON!

all posts made by myself are without prejudice