capitulation from MBNA

Guest louis wu

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest louis wu

Hi all,

Are MBNA becoming pushovers all of a sudden?:???:

I have concentrated my efforts with Abbey (2 claims) and Lloyds for just about a year, so didn't have time to worry about MBNA until a few weeks ago.

After getting my statements, I worked out I had a smallish claim under £1000. I sent my initial letter, and recieved a cheque for about 1/3 of my total claim as full and final settlement, which I accepted as partial payment only. I then sent my LBA about 2 weeks ago and went on holiday, only to come home to find a letter from MBNA saying tht as a gesture of goodwill they will refund the lot:) , minus £15 they disputed.

I am now awaiting my cheque, and although its tempting to go for the £15, I think I will leave it, as I now have started on Nationwide and a couple of the wifes store cards.

Louis

Hi all,

Are MBNA becoming pushovers all of a sudden?:???:

I have concentrated my efforts with Abbey (2 claims) and Lloyds for just about a year, so didn't have time to worry about MBNA until a few weeks ago.

After getting my statements, I worked out I had a smallish claim under £1000. I sent my initial letter, and recieved a cheque for about 1/3 of my total claim as full and final settlement, which I accepted as partial payment only. I then sent my LBA about 2 weeks ago and went on holiday, only to come home to find a letter from MBNA saying tht as a gesture of goodwill they will refund the lot:) , minus £15 they disputed.

I am now awaiting my cheque, and although its tempting to go for the £15, I think I will leave it, as I now have started on Nationwide and a couple of the wifes store cards.

Louis

Well done Louis, could you confirm that the claim included Contractual interest?

I love that bit "wife's storecards", isn't it always the way???!!:rolleyes::-D:-D

CLICK ON THE SCALES IF YOU THINK I HAVE HELPED!

I AM NOT SCARED ANYMORE!:rolleyes:

MBNA - To quote "The Carpenters", We've Only Just Begun..................;):D

HSBC - Settled.

Capital One - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Goldfish - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) issued.

Tesco - SAR issued.

:( they just don't like us Corn.

Nah!!! They just love a challenge!!!:rolleyes::D

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

well what with you and your shotgun, and me fluttering my angelically devilish eyelashes at them - they must be a bit confused!!

LOL!!!! :D:D:D

HSBC - Settled.

Tesco - SAR issued.

Guest louis wu
well what with you and your shotgun, and me fluttering my angelically devilish eyelashes at them - they must be a bit confused!!

That may be enough to put me off my claim.....so stop it:D

Hey, we love you really, and my wifes good enough to me to have the odd bit of internet shopping.

As to the contractual interest, sorry to say I was a coward and went for the standard 8%, partly because I am moving house, and partly because I have a few claims ongoing at the moment, but mostly because I started my claim without knowing enough about CI and I am the type of person that really has to know what I am doing, and the arguments involved, and that wasn't the case this time.

Louis