Smiley Scouser 27 v barclays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6077 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

9/3/07 - S.A.R sent

12/3/07 - Delivered to Barclays

28/3/07 - Received letter back from Barclays saying they are dealing with my request & I will get my statements before the 40 day deadline (22/04/07)

16/04/07 - STILL NO STATEMENTS!!! (They are cutting it fine)

Smiley Scouser v Egg : WON!!!!!:D

Smiley Scouser v Natwest : WON!!!! :-D

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought you count it in days not month to month? :| If I don't receive the statements by 22nd April, do you suggest I wait until 28th April & give them a few more days or should I just stick with my 40 day deadline?

Hi smiley

As the 22nd is a sunday i would wait a bit possibly til the 28th.

claire

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

Thanks for your reply xx

Has anybody got a template of a letter that can push Barclays along so they send me my statements? I have searched & searched but I cannot find!!

:pI'VE CLAIMED MY BARCLAYS CHARGES BACK.:p

£5125.60

Im no expert everything i write is what i learnt from my own experience and reading through other threads. Click my scales if you wish to!:)

I've had enough of waiting, I've posted the non compliance letter.

I'm sticking to my timescales not theirs. They've never given me 'A few extra days' to make sure there's money in my account have they? NO. They've charged & charged & charged & charged.

:mad:

• 2 weeks later...

Their time was up on 2nd May '07, haven't heard a peep from them so I have sent a letter to The Information Commisioners Office & I am going to fill in my N1 form tomorrow & file a case against them for Non Compliance of the Data Protection Act.

I'll let you know how I get on.

Went to court today & said to the lady that I had an N1 form to give in & I asked how much it would cost. Her reply? "What's an N1 form?".

Not the reply I was hoping for.

She went & got some man who was a lot more helpful but he was a bit confused what the cost would be because i was only claiming against Barclays for my statements at this stage.

Anyway he said to just put on the form that I was claiming up to £300 because then it would only cost me £30 & when I get my statements if I need to amend my claim I could do.

I need a bit of advice from people though.

Now that I have filed a claim against them, if I receive my statements say tomorrow, would I withdraw my case or leave it because in theory although they may send my statements they are still in breach of the Data Protection Act.

I'm confused:|

Now that I have filed a claim against them, if I receive my statements say tomorrow, would I withdraw my case or leave it because in theory although they may send my statements they are still in breach of the Data Protection Act.

Well, it's tomorrow and still no statements!!! Leave it, even if they arrive, you still want your costs

Need a lot of help now please.

I recieved my statements today, load of gobbledegook as I expected. I've highlighted all the paid referrals & such like but I am unsure whether I can claim back the "interest paid" back at this point or do I have to wait until it gets to the Mcol stage?

Also I filed an N1 form at the court last week for non compliance of DPA & it was sent to Barclays by 1st class post on 14th May, it is deemed served today but lo & behold I received my statements today. Do I cancel my claim with the court or keep it open due to the fact they did not comply with the DPA & not forgetting I want my court costs back.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

enter all your charges into the simple spreadsheet to build a 'Schedule of Charges.' If you enter the charge dates, the interest will be calculated automatically. Send a copy of this schedule with your letter, but DON'T send it with the interest showing. You don't claim that until you get to the Court/MCOL stage.

Let your DPA claim run; although Barclays have now 'complied', they were well late! See what they have to say about it, not forgetting your costs!

:D

Ok, finished with the highighter & I am quite dissapointed, I expected a lot more to be honest but maybe I wasn't as bad with my account as I thought I was!!!

£725.00 in charges ( with interest added £859.12)

Will be sending a letter tomorrow asking for them back.

At the risk of sounding thick, I have done my letter asking for the charges back. What do i send with it? Surely not that big thick bundle of statements??

You make copies of the statements with charges on. Then you send those, along with your letter and a copy of your table of charges.

Make sure you keep copies for yourself though.

Life is like a box of Chocolates...Full of Nuts! :smile:

At the risk of sounding thick, I have done my letter asking for he charges back. Wha do i send with it? Surely not that big thick bundle of statements??

you send the prelim letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/671-letter-preliminary-approach-repayment.html

with a copy of your SOC's WITHOUT THE INTEREST.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

You DO NOT need to send in copies of statements.

Send this by recorded delivery

If you are unsure, before doing ANYTHING read here first:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

http://www.findmadeleine.com/

http://news.sky.com/skynews/madeleine

If I dont reply to a direct question please feel free to PM me.