Can this be done?

kbv1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6213 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

My fiancee has been claiming charges from Natwest and won but default judgement as Natwest never responded to to courts in time. On saturday she received her cheque and a letter. At the bottom of the letter it said:

"I enclose a cheque for the sum of £442.42 is respect of the default judgement you obtained. This sum is paid in full and final settlement of your claim. Please also note that payment is made with no admission or liability and is subject to your agreement not to court publicity, or disclose or refer to any third party the background to this matter, and to keep the terms of this settlement strictly private and confidentual."

Someone on another forum said send a letter to say that she excepts it but with no obligation. and posted this letter to send:

http://www.penaltychargesforum.co.uk...ad.php?t=13308

With that letter asking natwest to pay me to keep my mouth shut, do i have to send that in before i pay the cheque in or after it has cleared so there is no risk of loosing it? also has anyone been sucsessful with this?

Many thanks

Well I would just accept the payment and not worry about the terms, in fact you can ignore them, because they will not pursue you. You have probalby already contravened the terms by posting on this site.

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

I would write back and says that this payment is in respect of the default judgment and that only.

The bank are in no postion to issue conditions for this payment as it has been ordered by the court and not instigated by the bank.

There is a better way to word this, and someone will surely post the correct wording for you

Paul