style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6217 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We moved out of our house in January, we finally got our deposit back a couple of weeks ago, well, less than half our deposit.

This particular agency are the most shambolic bunch of inept morons I've ever come across, both we and the landlord were tearing our hair out over them for nearly three years.

The deductions from our deposit are ridiculous, £150 to tidy up a 16 foot garden that was just a strip of grass.....

What's been really bugging me is that we didn't receive an exit inventory (asked many times), even though they charged us £160 for an entry inventory.

They charged the landlord £300 for an entry inventory, a complete bunch of rip off artists if you ask me.

My question is, can they make deductions for disrepair without an exit inventory?

How can they just claim that it's in disrepair without proof?

Hi feroluce; to put it shortly: no inventory + no proper justification + no permission from the tenant = improper withholding of the deposit.

Adapt the following template:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/landlords-tenants/74170-unfair-deposit-deductions.html#post64319 5

Write to the landlord, care of the agency, as your contract is with the landlord.

Keep copies and adhere to the deadlines you give them.

Take action (moneyclaim online) promptly.

Read other posts on deposits

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]