Case against Abbey - London Mercantile Court **SETTLED**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5263 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I received a letter from my local court informing me that the case has been transferred to Mercantile Court, Strand.

After a few minutes panicing :eek: I came on here and realised that a lot of cases are now being transferred - phew!

So what happens now, I haven't received a date for a hearing and have heard nothing from Abbey since they sent an offer of 50% when they filed their defence.

Thanks

Leigh

NatWest - £364.02 settled

Abbey - £1,686.86 settled

The transfer to the Mercantile should be good for you.

Not much to do until you get a date for a hearing.

There are only a few Mercantile Courts in the Country and they seem to do it slightly differently depending on which one.

Leeds for example organises a mass hearing for one day and most of the banks settle out of Court before the hearing.

See the threads:

'Hills v Barclays' (look at page 5 of that thread for the recent posts which is all you need to see on that one).

'Mercantile Hearing Leeds 26th April 2007'.

'Mercantile Hearing 20th Feb'

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Had a letter from the Abbey stating that they will settle my claim in full - all £1686.86 of it :grin:

They will be sending a cheque out to me, but by all accounts they are snowed under with the amount of cheques they are having to send!!

Leigh :)

NatWest - £364.02 settled

Abbey - £1,686.86 settled