CCA Agreements (Mark II) PLUS any other topic

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4890 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

This thread is for the general informal discussion of consumer credit agreement issues PLUS any other related or unrelated conversations and remarks on any topic. Any input from the several (formerly) regular contributors to the first CCA thread who have decided not to contribute to that thread at present will be most welcome here!!

N.B. Anyone who wishes to see only CCA agreement related posts in a thread should stick to the first one!

Regards, Pam

• Haha 1

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.c o....l#post53879 9

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hey Ink - just subscribing, and thank you!!!

Perseus the perishable (lol) :-)

If my advice has helped, please click on my scales. Thank you!

MBNA - CRA file to be cleared then finished!

Abbey Personal - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

Capital One - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court

GMAC - Sent DCA SAR 9th March 07 - confirmed not legally assigned.

Waiting for GMAC to provide breakdown of charges and CCA under s79

Alliance & Leicester - Final LBA 28/5/7 - then Court.

Ok, so maybe I could ask the first question on here???

(oh, its about a cca, is that alright? hehehe)

If Crap1 have sent a recent copy of their T&C's (post april 2006) in their response to my cca rqst of 12th March, and incomplete SAR details too (that I can handle), should I give them another attempt at providing the cca, as the account is closed, paid up by insurance on disability cover, and has a default registered with CRA's...

Any clean suggestions please?

P

:)

Hi Perseus and welcome to the thread! :D

I just hope this one is left alone because otherwise it's likely that many CAGers will not get the help of some of the wonderful and knowledgeable people who WERE helping out on the 1st CCA thread!

As to your question, the T&Cs supplied under the CCA request should be the ones applicable at the time the agreement was signed. I assume it was an 'agreement' and not just one of their 'application' forms?

You could try something like:

Thank you for the information you sent following my request under the CCA 1974.

However, I made a request to you on .... for a copy of the executed agreement applicable to the alleged debt. Under the CCA s77/78, you are obliged to send me a true copy of the actual credit agreement but have only sent me a copy of the initial application form and some recent terms and conditions.

A regulated credit agreement contains all of the prescribed terms, other required information and statements of my statutory rights. Any separate terms and conditions (which should have been referred to in the original agreement) should also be provided to me and must be those applicable at the time that the agreement was signed.

I would therefore be obliged if you would send me a true copy of these documents as soon as possible.

Yours

Regards, Pam

VITAL - IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE ABOUT THE INCREASED BAILIFFS' POWERS TO BREAK INTO YOUR HOME AND USE FORCE IN ORDER TO GET YOUR GOODS THEN JOIN THE PETITION HERE:

Anyone seeing this who wants to help by copying it to their signature please do.

Thanks Ink,

They have literally provided a foolscap page 2 sided of current terms and conditions with some details of aprs and other prescribed terms. But - it looks like a generic info sheet, nothing specific regarding my other half, no address, name, account/agreement number, amount, signatures of either party, when or where agreed, nothing at all. Looks like something that would be included in a mailer (but not one - no space for a card etc).

It's not personal to my OH's account what-so-ever (or anyone for that matter!)

P

Hi Pam in glorious Devon - & isn't it glorious today?I love it when the weather is nice at this time of the year. It's very glorious here, too and the sea is like a mill pond.

Did you have a good weekend?

OK, hands up, my tongue is in my cheek!!

I directed someone to the CCA thread yesterday where he has posted something that needs an answer - I shall re-direct him here!

Hi Perseus and welcome to the thread! :D

I just hope this one is left alone because otherwise it's likely that many CAGers will not get the help of some of the wonderful and knowledgeable people who WERE helping out on the 1st CCA thread!

As to your question, the T&Cs supplied under the CCA request should be the ones applicable at the time the agreement was signed. I assume it was an 'agreement' and not just one of their 'application' forms?

You could try something like:

Thank you for the information you sent following my request under the CCA 1974.

However, I made a request to you on .... for a copy of the executed agreement applicable to the alleged debt. Under the CCA s77/78, you are obliged to send me a true copy of the actual credit agreement but have only sent me a copy of the initial application form and some recent terms and conditions.

A regulated credit agreement contains all of the prescribed terms, other required information and statements of my statutory rights. Any separate terms and conditions (which should have been referred to in the original agreement) should also be provided to me and must be those applicable at the time that the agreement was signed.

I would therefore be obliged if you would send me a true copy of these documents as soon as possible.

Yours

Regards, Pam

Hi

I totally dissagree what a load of rubbish.:D :D

Kidding

That the sort of thing you mean

and leave my spelling alone

Peter

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Hi LB

Glad to hear your tongue is behaving itself today and not in someone else's cheek!! :D:D

I've had a good weekend thanks, totally off topic and off my rocker! :eek::wink:

The weather here is bright but cooler than of late and I'm supposed to be out jet-washing my patio but as usual I'm glued to the PC!

Direct anyone here that you like - for as long as it lasts!

Term reckons this thread has a 'shelf life' of about 4 hours!

Any further bets? :rolleyes:

Regards, Pam

Hi

I totally dissagree what a load of rubbish.:D :D

Kidding

That the sort of thing you mean

and leave my spelling alone

Peter

Hi Peter

As a special introductory offer I shall make no remarks about your smelling (sorry - spelling mistake! :rolleyes:) for the first 10 pages of this thread - assuming it even gets to 1! (Howzat?!)

Good to see you here anyway! :)

Regards, Pam

hmm, well, the first time I'd tried to get to it I gave it all of nil minutes!!

Yeh, maybe until later this evening. That Peter bloke got in quick didn't he - we can get the pins out again :D :D

But then he's just a bloke, he probably doesn't understand what I'm talking about, he might be in the shed with his tooth floss, oh no, sorry, plaque.

Guest Battleaxe

Hah ha, Her we are again, didn't take long to wander over. I see the MODS have been busy again today with there little black censorship pens. I bet they are watching this thread with beady little eyes just waiting to pounce.

My life is complex enough without having to stop the frivolity which creeps in. Hell, just back from Kent having his brain scan to make sure there is no cancer there. His respiratary function test were distressing enough to witness and this is to see if he will be able to cope with one lung, if this cancer turns out to be operable. Helpiong others overcome their problems with the banks has been a fantastic diversion, but CAG is not the only forum as others have found out and their expertise has been lost to CAG, but I guess the powers that be don't care about that.

I hope Term is wrong with his prediction. Pam PM me and I will give my other email addy, there are other plans afoot.

I will not leave the this Forum unless I am thrown out.

I moderate a couple of groups and nothing like this has ever gone on.

Sometimes the best sites are the unmoderated sites. there is no flaming or ill will and freedom of speech so long as it is not defamatory or libellous is allowed. Janet-M told me there is no such right free speech on this site, we are given the priveldge to make contributions. Take from that what you will.if you are going to repeat me can you quote me correctly please . Janet

Any way let's set up house over here for a few hours and see what eventuates.

At least the Power of Three are together over here.

I feel really sorry for Tam.

Guest The Terminator
hmm, well, the first time I'd tried to get to it I gave it all of nil minutes!!

Yeh, maybe until later this evening. That Peter bloke got in quick didn't he - we can get the pins out again :D :D

But then he's just a bloke, he probably doesn't understand what I'm talking about, he might be in the shed with his tooth floss, oh no, sorry, plaque.

Don't you mean Candy Floss:-D

I feel really sorry for Tam.

Hi BA and welcome!

It's sooooo good to have you all here but I'm hoping it's just temporary.

I've PM'd tam and tried to explain the reasons why this thread has been started. I hope he won't be too cross and will join us here for as long as necessary (or as long as it lasts!:mad:)

I've been informed about the 'other' and will be signing up! :grin:

Regards, Pam

It's not personal to my OH's account what-so-ever (or anyone for that matter!)

Hi

The problem with credit card T&Cs is that they are largely universal at any given time for any particular provider and so 'one size fits all' - so to speak. BUT - the prescribed terms, i.e. credit limit (or how it is to be determined), interest rate and repayments MUST be on the signature document.

There is a debate about whether a 'signature document' is just one page or if it can be more then one. Personally, I think it can be more than one page BUT any T&Cs that are not on (and not required to be on) the first page MUST be referred to in that first page. IMO, the prescribed terms should be on the first or main page. This is obviously not what CapOne and other providers have been doing with their 'appligreements'!

Regards, Pam

Hi

Have any of you read the most recent post on the 'moved posts' thread?

just subscribing it wouldn't be the same without The Terminator.

Absolutely right! :grin:

Guest The Terminator
Hi Pam in glorious Devon - & isn't it glorious today?I love it when the weather is nice at this time of the year. It's very glorious here, too and the sea is like a mill pond.

Did you have a good weekend?

I directed someone to the CCA thread yesterday where he has posted something that needs an answer - I shall re-direct him here!

Hi LB

Fancy a beer after work:wink:

yes I have Pam. I have to say my dignity was not at all offended, I just found the whole episode rather petty-minded on the part of those who seek to censor inoffensive messages.

I was more annoyed about the momentum of the thread being policed in such a small-minded and despotic manner.

Give someone a little power, and most likely, they will abuse it.

Guest Mincemeat

Hello

I'm a newcomer to all of this ;). I've been reading about the CCA stuff for a few weeks now and am waiting for a CCA request to be fulfilled from MBNA. I hope it is as good as some of the ones I've seen on here

PS That's two pages then!

Guest The Terminator
Hello

I'm a newcomer to all of this ;). I've been reading about the CCA stuff for a few weeks now and am waiting for a CCA request to be fulfilled from MBNA. I hope it is as good as some of the ones I've seen on here

PS That's two pages then!

Welcome Mincemeat.You will be lucky to find a muppet within MBUSA who knows what a cca request is :-D but as soon as you receive it post it on here and we will help and advise you.In the meantime please feel free to join in the discussion.