Easyjet flight delayed

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6212 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was meant to fly from Copenhagen to London at 1610 on 23 March this year. The plane was grounded with a technical fault and they had to fly a replacement from Luton that did not finally depart from Copenhagen until 2330 that day (almost a 7 hour delay).

At Copenhagen airport Easyjet were an utter shambles. They had no information for passengers until 2030 and could only hand out a few £3 meal vouchers. No phone calls offered, no assistance.

I wrote to them politely asking for compensation and been refused point-blank.

Any pointers on how to take this further much appreciated.

Hi Skat

If you took out travel insurance, they may cover you for such delays, normally only after 12 hours but its worth checking.

Flight delays are not normally compensated, 7 hours is only classed as a minor delay. If you were delayed 12 or more hours then its a slightly different story. In my opinion, you will be flogging a dead horse trying to take this any further with them.

Someone who has a different experience may comment to the contrary, but in my 10 yrs in the industry, I have never known an airline compensate for a minor delay.

Heidi

I am not a legal expert, any advice I give is based purley on experience or opinion.

Please tip the scales if you feel I have helped you!! :D

I was meant to fly from Copenhagen to London at 1610 on 23 March this year. The plane was grounded with a technical fault and they had to fly a replacement from Luton that did not finally depart from Copenhagen until 2330 that day (almost a 7 hour delay).

At Copenhagen airport Easyjet were an utter shambles. They had no information for passengers until 2030 and could only hand out a few £3 meal vouchers. No phone calls offered, no assistance.

I wrote to them politely asking for compensation and been refused point-blank.

Any pointers on how to take this further much appreciated.

I work for easyjet (sorry)

I think you're probably wasting your time like the previous poster said, unless you refused to travel in which case after a 5hr delay you'd be entitled to a full refund but you waiver this once you board the aircraft.

If you read the terms and conditions of your booking it explains in that what you can expect in the event of a delay.

easyJet.com - Carrier's Regulations

You say they gave refreshment vouchers, phonecalls may not have been offered but if passengers ask at the desk 2 free phonecalls are permitted - you should have received a refreshement voucher once the flight had been delayed for 2hrs and then another one for each 2hr delay thereafter... if this isn't the case you can point this out to them - likewise if you incurred any out of pocket expenses as a result of the delay send them proof of this and they MAY offer something out of goodwill, but its highly unlikely.

If you had holiday insurance you may be able to claim on that it might be worth checking the policy details to see if you can make a claim.

If easyjet didn't do as stated in their carrier regulations, it might be worth dropping them another letter outlining this, they may offer something out of goodwill but it is more likely to be a discount on future bookings than £££'s of compensation.