Judge has dispensed with Allocation Questionnaires

sasmith

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5272 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just rang MCOL as I'm in, what seems to be, a similar boat to a lot of people, in that NW submitted a defence right at the last minute, moving the process on to the hearing arrangement stage, for which there was a backlog at MCOL.

The chap at MCOL told me I would be receiving shortly a defence notice, and he advised me to 'introduce myself' to my local court, to ensure that they have picked up the transfer to their remit. He said that a judge has ruled that, as banks are not turning up to hearings, sending out and completion of Allocation Questionnaires is a waste of public money.

I asked the chap at MCOL what this meant in terms of the additional fee that is payable over a certain amount, upon submission of the Allocation Questionnaire. He said this was an interesting question, and the best he could advise was to ask the local court whether any further fee was payable.

Simon

Against this then if the banks are not turning up at court to back up the defence that they have lodged, why do they defend the claim in the first place?

I suppose the solicitors don't care as they must paid for the additional work that they do but surely the banks have a duty to their shareholders and such spending money when it does not need to be spent is a complete waste.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

i spoke to my local court, after received my defence paperwork and my claim has not been received by them although thay are aware of it. It was defended on the 11th of April but my judgement was deemed 28 days on the 5th April. the letter stated it was at the judge discretion whehter to issue an AQ, still waiting i suppose it'll be another 14 days befor ethe next stage.

Hi there,

I was paid out by Nationwide today directly into my account. First of all they acknowledged the claim which gave them 28 days in total to make a defence. On the 28th day I filed for judgement but it was rejected because I filed too early on the day! Then Nationwide said they are defending the next day and so I was told it will be transferred to my local court. I havnt even got the letter yet and they have already paid out. So dont worry, keep checking your statements they WILL pay you very soon. They cant make a defence they just want you to wait as long as possible before paying you.

Hang in there. Oh a bit of advice, when you receive the questionnaire from the court, if Nationwide havnt paid by then send a copy to Nationwide to show you mean business. They should crumble.

That's the only thing annoying about them deciding not to issue allocation questionnaires - that there won't be anything to send to Nationwide to demonstrate intent. Hopefully in mine, and everyone else's cases, they will have paid up before then.