Letter "out of the blue" from CABOT

jaffacat

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

First time on the Cabot forum.

My wife recieved a letter from Cabot today addressed to her in her maiden name. She has never used that name since we moved to this house, so I checked her credit file to see if they had done a check to get this address and they hadnt!

There are no details in the letter - it only says "we will be callng on the *** April between 8am and 8.30am - please phone us if this is

unacceptable"

I take it they are trying to confirm her identity by using this tactic??

She only has outstanding debt in this name to BOS as far as she is aware. Does anyone know if they do work for BOS??

Many thanks in advance.

Well, they buy debt from Bank of Scotland.

Hello Seminole..... havn't seen you on here in a while :( I have mostly been staying in the Cabot Forum.

Cabot do buy BOS accounts.

You could always be honest and tell Cabot when they call that no one of that name lives here.:wink:

When you get time, take a read of some of the other threads, I can recommend Seahorse and Debt-Mountain threads.. They are standing up for their rights against Cabot:-D

Remember if you find anything I say helpful, please click the scales

tbern123 vs Cabot

1. Cabot again !!! Urgent Help Needed
  2. Litigation - tbern123 V Cabot Financial (Uk) Limited
  3. No more calls from Cabot... lol

I advise you to ignore the this letter or better still send them a reply saying this person does not live here (technically named person does not) I assure they will not send anyone to your address this is a scare tactic to get you to ring them i fell for it dont you.

I advise you to ignore the this letter or better still send them a reply saying this person does not live here (technically named person does not) I assure they will not send anyone to your address this is a scare tactic to get you to ring them i fell for it dont you.

I would not ignore this letter they do not go away.

I would send them a CCA and SAR request and SAR the Bank of Scotland too. The best £21 you could spend, you will have hours of enjoyment from it!!!:D

Chances are there will be some bank charges in there to claim back.

the CCA will make them show their hand to whether they have (which they probably won't) or not any agreement etc.

Do all this in name they sent the letter to you.

for good measure I would include the "don't call me on the phone" letter.

I love the wording of the "calling cards" the DCAs use. We will be calling on.... which could be they will phone or they will chap the door.

The way they get your new address is probably using a company called Ebiquita ( Broadsystem ) (now changed to http://www.broadsystem.com/greaterinsight/DataProcessing.htm) and to give your personal data to them without permission is a no no. Ask them if they have done this (it will be detailed in the SAR if they have it).

If I have helped click my scales....

Find my threads by clicking here