newbie, halfway through the process

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Found your site through martin Lewis website, and hoping to get a bit more detail/support/info etc.

I've got the stage with Barclays where its been transferred to my local County Court, and the Judge has dispensed with the need for an allocations questionnaire - not sure if this is good or bad, and whether I just sit back & wait or am I supposed to be doing something?

I'm challenging £750 worth of charges, plus interest, totalling £990 in all. I seem to flit ebtween feeling very strong and brave and its the right thing to do, to being very worried! However, having read Barclays defence, and seeing that this is a standard defence (ie, you agreed to the terms & conditions, you went overdrawn etc) I feel a bit better about it.

Am I supposed to do something else now? Should I post a thread in the Barclays bit?

Hi Cheeky1.

You need do nothing now until the court contacts you.

Yes, by all means, start your own battle-thread in the Barclays Forum and post the history of your claim. Use it to post any questions and progress reports.

Read some of the longer threads in the Barclays Forum to get an idea of the processes involved.

Don't worry about not needing an allocation questionaire. The courts are increasingly doing away with it for MCOL claims.

Good luck.

Regards, Rooster.

• Haha 1

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

Hi,

Thanks for that, I feel a bit calmer:D . Daft really, cos I am used to court stuff through work, but its different when its you rather than a client! I will sit back & wait, which is what I've been doing really since this all began back in December.

How long does it usually take to resolve? I read on one of the threads its normally about 6 months from requesting DPA stuff to getting it settled. I hope so, it means I should finish it next month and won't have it hanging over me any longer! ;)

Cheers, Gayle

Guest ChloeJane

Hi Cheeky 1!

Courage courage courage!

Your nearly at the end.

If the court dispensed with an allocation questionaire, that is the norm for some as they are giving out a standard set of instructions to be followed.

The court will be in touch soon.

There is little else you can do other than maybe read up on what to have in a court bundle. - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/33060-basic-court-bundle.html

The banks seem to be doing this and going to the end stage to settle. Possibly waiting for a miracle to pull them out of having to now answer hundreds and thousands of claims.

Best advice is to be prepared so you don't panic and give up. Reading the above will give you a bit of confidence and some time to digest it all and prepare, though they will settle!

Tactics - is all they use and they make you work hard for your money back!

You have got this far cheeky and maybe starting a thread so lots of people can help you is the way to go! Lots of support for the coming weeks when unsure.

To start a new thread -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=84

Good luck and hang in there!

Hi,

Just to keep you all up to date - got my court date through yesterday :o

Its been listed for directions on 30th May. Will go through the stuff on preparing court bundles etc.

How come I felt like I had done something wrong & illegal when I got the paper? I had to remind myself that I'm the claimant & its the bank that have misbehaved!!

Gayle x