dogphlegm vs HSBC

dogphlegm
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Allow me to intorduce myself. I've been admiring from a far for a while now and have convinced myself that I'm ready to go through with this now. Especially after HSBC charged me £125 in one month, even though I hurriedly put replaced the money overdrawn in my account straight away.

I phoned them to ask if they could refund the entire amount to save us both the bother of going to court to claim it back and they offered me £50.

So far I've worked out they owe me a LOT more than £50.

I'm just at the very beginning (calculating interest, sending intial letter off) so I don't need help right now, but wondered if anyone has tried doing this with HSBC by email? Is there an email contact I can use?

I haven't been a man of letters for a very long time now.

hi dp

i did do a claim, initially by email but it was my second claim. the first one was quite a substantial amount (over 6k) and this is why i think they let the next claim go through quite quickly before me having to file in court.

you could try i suppose, but i think if you do the tried and tested method used by this site (and start practising your letter writing skills) you can't go wrong. it's quite simple anyway - all the letters are here in the templates library, so all you have to do is tweak them and fill in your own details.

go on... give it a go!!

good luck

• Haha 1

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!

Thanks for responding so quickly, and especially a CAG legend like yourself.

I'll dig out my quill and pot of ink, roll my shirt sleeves up and dig in for the long haul.

Speak soon.

lol... you won't need a quill or a pot of ink, just a hardy printer and a lot of patience. there will be peeps here every step of the way to help you should you get stuck or need advice. seems daunting at the beginning but if you're anything like me and a lot of others on here, you'll end up being totally addicted and then end up helping others - which is what makes the site so brilliant. all like minded people helping each other!;)

If i've been helpful in any way....then tip my scales over there!