BT DD not taken from 2004! now Credit solutions

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey,

New probs to keep you busy! Bt has suddenly decided after 3 years that it would like some invoices paid. It has asked Credit Solutions to sort it and who threaten us with legal action immediately even though I had no idea we owed anything!

First Payment due 03/08/04 every month for 10 months ends 03/05/05

10 Payments should have gone through at £25.38

last three went through

Credit Solutions said pay £121.85

BT (when called to confirm Credit Solu were a real company!) said £177.66

Mandate signed authorising payment signed 11/03/07

I don't mind paying what I actually owe but I thought that due to the fact we have done nothing wrong the DD guarantee should protect me from having to bother to sort through and find 2004 bank stts.

Am I correct or should I contact BT and pay up!

Thanks!

Help me to help others!

I don't believe the DD guarantee offers that sort of protection, I'm afraid.

I would get a detailed breakdown from both BT and their appointed "agents" think you owe. If they tally (which they don't appear to at the moment!) and if you agree with what is owing, then I would pay them. If the debt isn't in dispute, you won't gain anything by stalling further.

You can't be expected to pay if they can't confirm what it is you owe, so it may be worth firing off an interim letter to Credit Solutions saying that, whilst the debt itself isn't in dispute, you are waiting for clairification of the final amount owing before making any payment, and could they refrain from taking any further action before this happens.

• Haha 1

Well I contacted the bank to find out from my stt what I had paid. Turns out BT are correct I think CS have simply got mixed up with our current advertising (which has been taken correctly @ £121.75).

Guess I should contact BT and pay full price - Turn others as you wish to be treated or sth -

Help me to help others!

• dx100uk changed the title to BT DD not taken from 2004! now Credit solutions