Vampyra -v- Halifax/1st Credit Ltd

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just stick with it, youll get that result in the end!

Me Vs AA/Blair Oliver - Defaulted on CCA, Committed Criminal Offence, started chasing payment

Me Vs Great Universal - Wrote off the 2k balance, couldnt supply docs

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/74209-me-littlewoods-catalogue.html

My Friend Vs Lowell Portfolio - Balance written off, all action stopped!

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75075-my-friend-lowell-victory.html

My Friend Vs Empire Catalogue - Balance Cleared

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collectors-debt-collection/75713-my-friend-empire-droyds.html

Wobbles

Sorry I meant LBA..letter before action lol. My head is mince at the moment trying to keep one step ahead of 4 banks, 1 DA and 2 Finance house.

Re the telephone letter..I sent this to 1st Credit and have not had a phone call since..wish I knew about this a year ago. I was getting hounded by phone night and day from everybody..unplugged it eventually!

Wobbles

Sorry I meant LBA..letter before action lol. My head is mince at the moment trying to keep one step ahead of 4 banks, 1 DA and 2 Finance house.

Re the telephone letter..I sent this to 1st Credit and have not had a phone call since..wish I knew about this a year ago. I was getting hounded by phone night and day from everybody..unplugged it eventually!

Thx GD - I thought that might be it but I wasn't 100% sure. Sorry you are in the thick of things at the moment. :-(

Wobbles

Not a sausage.

How do I get 1st Credit to stop ringing him though. He doesn't speak to them because he is out when the calls come but it's clogging up his answerphone and they even think he's married to me!

I look after my sick mum and don't live there and we are not yet married and I want to stop this. His mum will hear a message one day and blow the gaff by speaking to them and being the utter cow she often is. Plus he could be losing work through this. :(

Try the letter which was posted above on number 24 of this thread. It wont stop immediately but it should help you. Harrasment by telephone!

Sorry got stuck half way through this one, and posted before i had finished!!

Red

Not a sausage.

How do I get 1st Credit to stop ringing him though. He doesn't speak to them because he is out when the calls come but it's clogging up his answerphone and they even think he's married to me!

I look after my sick mum and don't live there and we are not yet married and I want to stop this. His mum will hear a message one day and blow the gaff by speaking to them and being the utter cow she often is. Plus he could be losing work through this. :(

Hi Vampyra try getting him to send letter regarding their harassment of him see if they back off him then if not report them.

all the best dpick:sad:

I think I'm going to follow up the CCA in a few days with a letter requesting them to "cease and desist" from calling any phone number they have on file for me and to remove ALL telephone numbers on that file.

That doesn't actually say I am connected to him in anyway, just that all numbers must be removed and no longer called.

CCA to 1st Credit sent today along with an SAR to Halifax on the same account.

Hopefully Vampyra the CCA will keep 1st Credit at bay, but I would send the letter reagrding their phonecalls as well.

Do expect the standard response from 1st Credit saying that they will be advising their client of your request and that they hope to get it sent within the next month. No regard for the time limits to which they are supposed to be adhering to!

Keep us posted :)

Red

NP Vampyra.

My story with 1st Credit has taken a twist. The debt that they claimed they were seeking on behalf of Lloyds has now been returned to Lloyds, I found out when I received a letter from Lloyds solicitors. Now I am confused as I thought that 1st Credit had bought the debt. that is why I cca'd them. Strange....and I am not sure what has been going on?!

Any way hope it all works out for you!

Red

Interesting twist Red. One of my other DCA's has asked me to send information to help my case for them to prove they have the CA!

Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive!

Blimey Vampyra what are they playing at?

Crazy, but also downright wrong!

Have you reported them - there is a thread regarding complaining started by tiglet under general debt.

I would have sent you the link but I am a computer dunce LOL, cant even remember how I put my avatar up!!

Sorry will keep to 1st Credit on this one from now on, but may see you over at Capquest (I dont have them chasing me though.....yet:D )

Red

Update on this case.

Letter arrived today from 1st Credit

Dear Sir/madam

REQUEST FOR COPY OF AGREEMENT

I refer to your communication asking 1st Credit Ltd to provide you with a copy of the relevant agreement.

We will shortly be advising our client of your request. This document will be sent to you as soon as possible This process may take at least one month.

Once you have recieved a copy of the agreement we would expect you to contact this office immediately to arrange settlement of this debt.

Please call this office if you wish to discuss this matter.

Yours faithfully

Interesting - they "own" the debt as stated in their previous letter, yet Halifax are still their client? This needs to be in Court!

Complaint to the OFT (under Section 25(2)d of the Consumer Credit Act) possibly?

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Vampyra I think you've already read this but thought it would be of interest to the other posters on this thread.

http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/reports/consumer_credit/oft664.pdf

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi,

have pm'd bankfodder to post the above link as a sticky (now done). Hope anyone who is dealing with DCA's reads it and uses it to bring them to heal.

TY Rory for the linkk re OFT debt collection guidelines. It makes you wonder why the DCAs continue in the manner which they do? Sadly I feel that I can find the answer from my own dealings with them, before i knew that CAG were here and such guidlines from the OFT. I, like so many others have been bullied and we believe the DCAs threats - that is until we realise our rights!!

Vampyra, since 1st credit have replied to your CCA request (and dug themselves into a hole) have the phone calls stopped?

Also good point Vamp regarding ownership of the debt and their wording.

What are your dates Vamp for 1st Credit to default/commit an offense?

Red

Red,

please, please report them to the OFT - if they get enough complaints they have to act and if they find the company has acted against their guidelines they will revoke their consumer credit license (to practice as a DCA without a license is a criminal offence).