Getting late payments removed from Credit File

drbromley

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5250 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I'm just about to start my claim against the A&L and I've noticed on my credit report from experian that they've recorded a couple of late payments against me when I've exceeded my overdraft limit.

Looking at the keys available in experian, this is not classed as a default and approx 8 late payments are required before it becomes a default.

So my question is, can I get these late payments removed from my credit file as part of my claim. I can only find information relating to defaults on this forum. The reason for me going over my overdraft limit each time has been as a result of charges.

Any help/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi drbromley,

I also have several late payments on my credit file, though not due to exceeding an overdraft but simply paying late due to financial difficulties.

I have posted on this forum about whether/how it is possible to get late payments removed from one's credit file and I am afraid to say the response has been slow coming.

In your case however, as you have had late charges on your credit file due to penalty charges, which are being challenged by several consumers as excessive and illegal, I would suggest you go down the route of first reclaiming these charges from A&L. Once refunded to you, you can then insist that A&L (the relevant data officer) wipe off any adverse entries on your credit file as a result of these 'illegal' penalty charges.

Have a look at the bank charges reclaim forum on this website.

Cheers,

Abs