Oops! BoS letters sent to Scottish address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6211 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

and now I'm at the point that I need to make my claim. From what I've read on here, would this mean that I'd have to make my claim in a Scottish court, as all my correspondence between myself and BoS has gone to their Edinburgh address?

A trip to Scotland is not viable so what do i do in this position?

I'm sure the information for this is up here already, but I can't seem to find it. Apologies.

Hello mate, Im in a similar position (sort of) Ive actually had a judgment made against the BOS (£1500..that'll pay for my new exhaust !!), I did it through english courts as I live in england, and there were no issues raised by the court at any of the stages, so Im hoping that it doesnt make any difference as BOS have branches etc in england.

So as far as I can see it doesnt make any difference

Watch this space , if I hear anything I'll let you know,

Cool. I read somewhere that the bank address you give to serve court papers on when starting a court claim must be the same address that any correspondence was sent to, and as I sent all mine to:

Bank of Scotland

The Mound

Edinburgh

EH1 1YZ

and

Card Services

Pitreavie Business Park

Dunfermline

Fife

KY99 4BS

then do I not need to list one of those or does it really not matter if the address I use in the court proceedings is one I've never written to before regarding the dispute?

I take it that this address is the one I should have used even for BoS credit card claims?

Address to Serve Court Papers

REGISTERED ADDRESS:

HALIFAX PLC

TRINITY ROAD

HALIFAX

WEST YORKSHIRE

HX1 2RG

Would it be wise to send one more LBA to BoS at the Halifax address just in case, referring to all the previous correspondence and stating where it was sent to?

The bank's main address is the Trinity Road one. Have you had correspondance from the letters you sent to the Scottish address?

I'm sure someone more clued up on this will be along shortly but i think it's the bank's registered address that matters rather than where you've sent the letters to

The bank's main address is the Trinity Road one. Have you had correspondance from the letters you sent to the Scottish address?

I'm sure someone more clued up on this will be along shortly but i think it's the bank's registered address that matters rather than where you've sent the letters to

All BoS responses were from the address I wrote to, in Scotland:

Card Services

Pitreave Business Park

Dunfermline

Fife

KY99 4BS