Jump to content

Social Security Administration Act 1992


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

My friend is about to apply for her 6 years worth of bank statements.

My question as she is a single mother on benefits am I right in thinking she could claim under the Social Security Administration Act.


Section 187 says,


Certain benefit to be inalienable

(1) Subject to the provisions of this Act, every assignment of or charge on -(a) benefit as defined in section 122 of the Contributions and Benefits Act

(b) any income-related benefit; or

© child benefit,

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks in advance.



Link to post
Share on other sites

:) hi and welcome on board im fairly new here too so u will get all the help and advice you need.

Your friend can claim back 6 years worth of charges relating to bounced direct debits etc, but if she lives solely on benefits she can apply to the bank for a reappropration of funds, basically this means your freind must tell the bank what is going in and when and what it is needed for, and that they mustnt take any charges from this as it is used for living expenses etc there is post on this somewhere on the forum if i find the link i will post it or you can search for it. I have recently had to do this myself:p good luck tigg

Link to post
Share on other sites


the bank will still charge but the act you mention means she will be able to take the full amount of her benefits out of the bank regardless of whether it is overdrawn or not.

Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...