Clamining Charges Please Help

britbadboy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5267 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

well so the story goes like this!

I read this article on BBC and started the procedure (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6170209.stm). Sent the letter out to the bank through recorded delivery and got the reply the other day.

Its a two page letter going on and on about the charges being right and some banking code bla bla bla! Well so the next step involves going to the money claim website (https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/csmco/session_timeout.jsp) and start the court procedue.

So what I need to know is this the right procedure? I mean what are my possibilities of winning on this one? I am a recent graduate cripples by the bank to the likes of about £700 and would really relish the amount to come back. But to claim I need to pay the court fee of £80 (but then if I win I can claim this back as well as interest). So please let me know wether I should start with this claim or not?

Cheers.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Don't know if you've been here before but if not you need to look at these http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Also have a good read of the different threads in the success section. This gives a good idea of the process you'll be going through.

You'll find lots of help here. Good luck with it all

Trev

Barclays - 2 Accounts - WON

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

LTSB pre 6 years - N1 for non compliance filed

Barclays pre 6 years - Prelim sent

Your chances are excellent if you follow the correct procedure.

As suggested, read the FAQ section, and lots of threads from the forum. You'll probably notice the same questions coming up over and over.

All of us on here are in the same boat. We all want the same thing.

We WILL win!

Best,

D.:D :D :D

Barclays (2 accounts) WON

Lloyds TSB (Daughter's) WON

Cohen's: WON (discontinued)

DLC: Given up, gone away.

Eversheds: Trying!

Equidebt: In default

Intrum J: Return to OC

iQor: Stopped paying.

Link: In default.

ScotCall: Return to OC

Thames: Stopped paying.

I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and staff who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.

Hi and welcome to the forum. Don't know if you've been here before but if not you need to look at these http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

Also have a good read of the different threads in the success section. This gives a good idea of the process you'll be going through.

You'll find lots of help here. Good luck with it all

Trev

Your chances are excellent if you follow the correct procedure.

As suggested, read the FAQ section, and lots of threads from the forum. You'll probably notice the same questions coming up over and over.

All of us on here are in the same boat. We all want the same thing.

We WILL win!

Best,

D.:D :D :D

Hi Guys,

thanks for popping up so quick. Whilst not sounding rude, can you please guide me to the right threads? I am really short of time here, as got my hands on several things. Working at the moment, so if boss sees me doodling about on the sites am gonna loose the real source of money (my job) lol rather then claiming anything from bank. So 'pretty' please???

Hi, the links below are to the templates library and success forum. You do need to understand though that this isn't something you can do i ten minutes. Lloyds like to make it particularly difficult for you so would suggest trying to find time outside work and doing plenty of reading then.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/32586-successful-claims.html

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

Second that advice!

The successful threads in your own Bank's section is an excellent place to start. You can follow claims through from the 'How do I start' to 'I WON' and get a feel for how the thing works.

Can't give you any better advice than jshtr3 has. (how DO you pronounce that?)

;) ;) ;)

I am NOT a legal or financial expert. There are many CAG members and staff who are better qualified. Please do not make major decisions based on my advice alone.

Joshua Tree (one of my favorite CD's). It's just something I use as a screen name. I'm really a "Tevor" not that clever though!

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

so should I file the claim through the money claim site? Am a bit sceptical on the fact that I have to invest another £80 to make a claim. Meeting my everyday financial commitments its a bit of an investment :rolleyes:. So just need a bit of a morale boosting from you lot.

Another thing I noticed whilst filling my online claim form on Moneyclaim is that there is no point to attach evidence (past bank statements, response from the bank etc.) or is this done later on once I have filed my claim?

Not if you can't spell it!

:p

One of my favourite albums too. Should have rlized...

BTW, Mine's not a CD, it's lovely black vinyl...

:-D :-D :-D

All you need at the MCOL stage, Badboy, is the online form itself, plus your SOC, which you have to send to MCOL in Northampton by post. One copy for them, one for the bank.

Don't make a mistake at this stage. Check out http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/34887-5-money-claim-line.html for help.

Fee is the same whether you use MCOL or file in person at your local Court. You claim for costs, and this will be paid by the Bank WHEN they settle.

Take care, this is where it gets serious.:wink:

Am a bit sceptical on the fact that I have to invest another £80 to make a claim. Meeting my everyday financial commitments its a bit of an investment :rolleyes:. So just need a bit of a morale boosting from you lot.

If you want your money it's likely you'll have to file a claim. That's just how it works:(

Yes you should make a claim either through MCOL or on an N1 form but you need to take a step back, slow down and take stock. If you rush this and get it wrong there's a possibility you'll get nothing. Make some time to do some reading and you'll feel a lot happier about the whole process. Read the link to the FAQ's i sent in post 2

OOAK. My ex stole my vinyl :eek:

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

and everything one of a kind said too. (had to go to make tea)

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

TERRIFIC , now lets get down to business. As soon as am home tonight, let Lloyds feel the wrath. Made me from a good student to a skint student. Hmmm.... cant wait now!

Just a thought, Badboy...

Where exactly are you with your claim?

You should have:

1) Got your statements and prepared your SOC spreadsheet.

2) Written to the Bank with your SOC and requested repayment of charges, giving them 14 days to comply. (Initial Request)

3) When 14 days are up, if you have no satisfactory reply (telling you they'll get back to you in a month's time is NOT a satisfactory reply!) send Bank a Letter Before Action (LBA) saying they have 14 days to comply with your request for payment, then you go to court.

4) after 14 days from LBA, you go to court or MCOL.

So, in effect, you give them a month to respond. If you don't follow this timescale, the Bank could ask the court to deny your claim on the grounds that they have not been given sufficient time to comply with your request.

Don't go 'off-piste' with this. The procedure works if you follow it correctly. You don't leave them any loopholes to wriggle through.

D.;)

jshtr,

My ex tried that. She nearly lost a hand:D :D :D

Some things are just NOT up for dicussion.

She did get the shirt off my back though....:(

Just a thought, Badboy...

Where exactly are you with your claim?

You should have:

1) Got your statements and prepared your SOC spreadsheet.

2) Written to the Bank with your SOC and requested repayment of charges, giving them 14 days to comply. (Initial Request)

3) When 14 days are up, if you have no satisfactory reply (telling you they'll get back to you in a month's time is NOT a satisfactory reply!) send Bank a Letter Before Action (LBA) saying they have 14 days to comply with your request for payment, then you go to court.

4) after 14 days from LBA, you go to court or MCOL.

So, in effect, you give them a month to respond. If you don't follow this timescale, the Bank could ask the court to deny your claim on the grounds that they have not been given sufficient time to comply with your request.

Don't go 'off-piste' with this. The procedure works if you follow it correctly. You don't leave them any loopholes to wriggle through.

D.;)

When I made my statement from the BBC's website I didnt knew of this forum. So what I sent to them was a month by month breakdown of the charges levied on me from 2nd Jan 2003 (account held since October 2002). I highlighted each charge and added it all up making up my total sum to claim. To this they responded by some two page letter explaining some idiotic banking code and how the charges are fair.

So as a next step I am going to calculate the total interest on the spreadsheet I found here and then reclaculate the amount tonight. Then I will attach the sheet and send the letter before action to them. Finally will file the claim if they dont respond.

I am glad I found this place as I was about to just file the claim on the money claim website without serving them the LBA. This would have made my life a lot more painful. But no worries now. First thing tomorrow lunch time is to go the post office and serve them this LBA thingi.

By the way, you can't claim the interest on the speadsheet until you go to the court stage. All you claim from the bank at this point is the amount they've charged you.

Fill in your spreadsheet with all the charges they've applied. The program will automatically calculatr the 'days since' and 'interest' columns.

Once you're ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that your SOC is 100% correct, save it to your computer.

Delete the 'days since' and 'interest' columns, and print out what's left. This is what you send the Bank. ** Do not save this version of the SOC over the full one! You'll kick yourself! **

If you need to save it at all, give it a different name. (I never bothered to save it.)

When you get to court claim, you go back to the full version, which will now show you a higher interest amount.

I think it's some kind of Magick !!

By the way, you can't claim the interest on the speadsheet until you go to the court stage. All you claim from the bank at this point is the amount they've charged you.

Fill in your spreadsheet with all the charges they've applied. The program will automatically calculatr the 'days since' and 'interest' columns.

Once you're ABSOLUTELY CERTAIN that your SOC is 100% correct, save it to your computer.

Delete the 'days since' and 'interest' columns, and print out what's left. This is what you send the Bank. ** Do not save this version of the SOC over the full one! You'll kick yourself! **

If you need to save it at all, give it a different name. (I never bothered to save it.)

When you get to court claim, you go back to the full version, which will now show you a higher interest amount.

I think it's some kind of Magick !!

so am not sending the bank the SOC :confused:, umm then shall I just send LBA and the old statements showing the amount am claiming!?

DON'T send them any statements.

Send them your SOC, but WITHOUT the interest element.

So all it will show is a list of charges and dates basically, with that lovely total at the bottom. That's all they need to know!

PLEASE take your time over this, and KEEP ASKING if you're at all unsure.

D.;)

DON'T send them any statements.

Send them your SOC, but WITHOUT the interest element.

PLEASE take your time over this, and KEEP ASKING if you're at all unsure.

D.;)

BRILLIANT.. they wont see what hit them! Hail this forum

My ex tried that. She nearly lost a hand:grin: :grin: :grin:

Some things are just NOT up for dicussion.

She did get the shirt off my back though....:sad:

I did say "stole". There was no discussion, she is a thief and can you help me draft POC's to reclaim vinyl and shirt off back, back please.

Britbadboy, like the enthusiasm and slight hint of violence. ;) They will try to mess you about but as oneofakind said, "don't go off piste" and you'll be fine.

• Haha 1

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON

Britbadboy, like the enthusiasm and slight hint of violence. ;) They will try to mess you about but as oneofakind said, "don't go off piste" and you'll be fine.

Don't worry mate with the likes of you around, they aint gonna get away with this! Am already dreaming of a spanking new PS3 with the money ... lolllll

K Query time again as am filling my spread sheet! Can I claim my Overdraft interest too? As of now I didnt inlcude it in the letter I sent them earlier? I only accounted for overdraft excess fee etc.

You can claim some of the interest, (the portion of interest charged on the charges) but it usually doesn't work out at much, especially smaller claims. You need to use one of the advanced spreadsheets in the library to do this. I didn't bother. Seems like a lot of work unless you did maths at Uni!!!

Capital 1 - WON with CI

LTSB - WON