What Is A Standard Order For Stay?

acablake
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6219 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

We filed the AQ at the end of Feb and have just received a document: "Standard order for stay for settlement with consent of all the parties" Form N24. What does this mean?????

It states that, "the District Judge orders that this claim is stayed until 11 May to enable the parties to attempt settlement".

Has anyone else received one of these???

Many thanks

ANNA

ABBEY NATIONAL!!!!

Filled in the AQ and this is all we have had back after waiting weeks. I was going to send this letter as a reply (as seen on this website)

Dear Sir/Madam,

CLAIM NUMBER : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I write in relation to the above claim and specifically the staying order placed upon it by the court on XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

You requested this stay to be ordered in the Allocation Questionnaire of the defendant, in order that a settlement is reached by way of negotiation. The court has subsequently acceded to your request and I am therefore inviting you to offer your proposal's for the settlement of these matters.

I am writing on the assumption that your request to the court was made in utmost good faith and with the genuine intention of resolving the matter in hand, rather than merely an attempt to further delay proceedings in this case. I trust that as the representative of a reputable and esteemed organisation, you would not hold the honorable court's order in such contempt as not to respond to this letter positively and in the manner in which your request for the stay has indicated.

As such, I will expect a response prior to the date set by the court, XXXXXX informing me of how you intend to proceed.

A copy of this letter has also been sent to the court.

Yours faithfully

Would this be the correct move???

Many thanks

ANNA

Anna

Been through the same, have a read through my thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/abbey-bank/72764-stayed-order-any-ideas.html?highlight=stayed+order, it may be of use. Unlikely that Abbey applied for the stay, it is the Judges that have started this process recently.

Dragon

:)

Abbey

S.A.R. - March 06

Settled in full £2300 - May 07

Abbey2

RFP - 13 June 07

N1 Filed- 20 July 07

Stayed - 07 Sep 07

Capital 1

S.A.R. - 25 June 07

Statements recieved - 29 June 07