Jump to content

Non-Compliance Claim SoopaDoopa vs HSBC


style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

Hello guys...


HSBC hasn't complied in full to my DPA request. They've only provided me with statements for a period of 4 years instead of the full 6 as required. When I wrote to tell them that I would pursue a claim for non-compliance if I didn't receive statements for the missing period, I receive the same bundle all over again.


What I am wondering is if I should claim for non-compliance for the missing period as well as start a claim for the charges acrued over the period for which I have statements. I would then either claim for charges for the missing period at a later date or add any further charges to my original claim if possible.


Is that a wise course of action or should I wait until I get all the information through a compliance order issued by the court?


Also, during the past 6 years, my account was moved between two branches. The period I have received statements for started on the 10th February 2003, when I my account was last moved. I made a call to customer service to check when my account was opened according to their record, and they told me 1997. My feeling is the bank is stalling for time but could there be an issue with the fact that my original request didn't mention any move between branches?


Any help/advice appreciated.


Finally, where do I find which court I should use to claim? Thanks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hiya soopa, there is no reason why you shouldn’t start your claim for the period you have the information for, if HSBC get there act together before you reach MCOL then you can add your further costs to your claim, if they don’t you can start a second claim for the new period.

As far as your SAR non compliance problems I would start your claim as not only will this force HSBC to give you the missing information but I believe you get compensation too.


Link to post
Share on other sites

So if I understand this correctly, I should:


- Start a claim to force compliance from HSBC and obtain the missing statements.


- Start another claim to recover illegal charges for the period for which I have received the required information.


Thanks for your help...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes that’s right, and because you can alter your claim value up to the point you submit it to the court you can add the missing period if HSBC send you the missing information in time.

If they don’t, just start a second charges claim as soon as you have the additional information.


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...