Anotherwaytorobus v LTSB

Anotherwaytorobus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6204 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone.

Iv sent my DPA letter with £10 payment (Registered) requesting my account data (charges etc). I sent it to my local branch. I have confirmed delivery electronically and it was def recieved. However on passing the branch 30 days after sending the letter i thought id pop in and ask how things were progressing.

To my suprise i was given the response that they had not recieved my letter. :o Fortunately i had a copy with me which i willingly supplied, and was told that my account details were now being loaded and a response would be sent to me ASAP.

The 40 day window is up tomorrow and as yet i still dont have any reply from them. What do i do now ?? Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Darren :)

FD Current Account - claimed £1465 - Won

FD Credit Card - SRA sent

Abbey Current - SRA sent

Lloyds Current 1 - £60 claimed

Lloyds Current 2 - SRA sent.

Hello Darren

If you do not receive your information they have not complied with your request under the DPA. There is a link here to have a good read about what to do next.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html

Ukaviator

WARNING TO ALL

Please be aware of acting on advice given by PM .Anyone can make mistakes and if advice is given on the main forum people can see it to correct it ,if given privately then no one can see it to correct it. Please also be aware of giving your personal details to strangers

PPman159

On the last enquiry, actually they hadn't.

Just a delaying action probably.

I know they have it though.

Watch this space. If there is no post by 12 today then i will be sending a letter promising court action.

Abbey Current - SRA sent

Stick to your guns and dont be bullied by them.

The banks know the rules that they have to abide by and they will try anything that they can to get round them.

PPMAN159

If this comment has helped please click on the scales.

Guess what. No reply. LBA sent 16th April.

Still nothing received. Is the 7 day rule based on working days or calendar days ?

Thanks guys.

Abbey Current - SRA sent

They have 14 days to reply to the LBA and if no replky is received within that time then you should start the court procedings on Money Claim Online.

The banks are well aware of the process and they will use trick that they can to delay things to their benefit.

Dont let them-stick to your timetable and get your money back.

PPMAN159

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.htmlSorry

Im getting confused. According to the template i used the time scale was 7 days. Yet you say 14 days. I dont want to mess this up and look a complete idiot in court. I used the template as recommended by UKAVIATOR. See above, Template 3.:confused:

Thanks

Abbey Current - SRA sent

I have always worked on giving them 40 days on the SAR and 14 days on the LBA.

The template letters given on the link are to do with the failure of the banks to fully comply with the SAR.

As you hads the info under the SAR and have now issued the LBA then I would give them 14 days to comply.

PPMAN159

I havn't had my statements that is the issue.

In fact i have had no response from them what so ever.

My issue is based on them not complying with my SAR.

Abbey Current - SRA sent

Well today i got fed up of waiting and tried one last time to make some contact with the ignorant people at Lloyds TSB.

I phoned my branch and spoke to the stand in manager there. I was quite direct explaining they were now in breach of the DPA and if i didn't get a decent response today then i would be going to the courts. I think i frightened her a bit. She got back to me within 2 hrs with a promis that my SAR would now been expedited through the system and would be out to me within 7 days. And free of charge. She even said that they would only send me the charges file to speed this up.

Well we will see. I wait in anticipation. She knows whats coming otherwise.

Apparantly she was saying that the center set up to deal with charges reclaims is currently innundated with letters from customers wishing to get their charges back.

Now theres a suprise.

:cool:

Abbey Current - SRA sent

Well it worked. Statements received. Worth the phone call.

Now for the maths and my claim. Watch this space.

They have even reminded me of an account i had forgotten about. (Still within the 6 year limit). So statements requested for this as well.

Abbey Current - SRA sent