Abbey sent defence - no court date???

stridey

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Does anyone know if I should start to prepare the court bundles even if I haven't yet been given a court date. Abbey sent me their defence papers last week but there was no indication of dates from the court when I got my papers through. Do you think I should write to abbey and ask if they would settle to give them a chance before it does actually go to court???

Don't post here much as I have limited internet access so sorry if im not familiar. All comments appreciated very much.

Stridey, No bundle yet. Next steps are :

1. Court send you official copy of Abbey's defence plus AQ form

2. You then have a deadline (30 days ??) to return the AQ (and Abbey theirs)

3. You wait for ages (weeks/months - I'm not joking) for the Court to issue a Court date with directions (which will almost certainly include you submitting what is colloquially called a Court bundle)

The AQ bit might not happen - there's an increasing tendency for Courts not to bother with AQs. And no, I don't think you should contact Abbey, at all, ever, ever, ever (at least not to make the first move on settling). Let them come to you - they will, you just have to be patient. If you contact them (even with the best motives), I'm 99.9% confident they'll either ignore you or say no, but they'll also interpret it as a weakness (well I would if I were them). Regards, Mad Nick

Abbey £8370 settled 17 Apr 07

I received Abbey's defence and no AQ with a letter saying that my claim was being passed to my local court. I telephoned the court after not hearing anything for 2 weeks to be told that my case has been sent to District Judge and I won't hear for another 4-6 weeks!! I'm guessing that I will receive my court date after this time.