"Policing" of posts

ladybird17
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am utterly shcoked and baffled at the actions of those who have sought to restrict our freedom of speech on this site - and I mean "appropraite" freedom of speech. The one thread that has done more good than any other, and has contributed to increased knowledge sorrounding the implications and legalities of the Consumer Credit Act closed because we sometimes indulge in a little light banter between posters.

It's like being in a police state -shame on you, Moderators.

The thread has been temporarily closed while it is getting tidied up to stop going further off-topic.

The off-topic posts will be moved to a thread of their own,for everyone to be able to read and comment if they so wish. As far away of restriction of freedom of speech as one could see, if I may say so.

The thread was not closed because of "light banter", but because it turned in a free for all as far removed from the CCA as possible. Let's spare a thought for someone new seeking advice on the CCA and walking into that, and let's wonder how long they'll stick around.

In that case, I shall expect to see, henceforth, all hijacking stopped and all posts removed that waste time asking questions, the answers to which are all accessible on the site if people took the time & trouble to find them.

We already try to stop hijacking where we can. It's against forum rules, and whenever we come across some, we move them. Nothing new there.

The second part of your sentence doesn't really need a response, does it. :rolleyes:

Anyone know a good remedy for PMT ?

OOPS maybe wrong thread :rolleyes:

I'l report my own post now :|

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Guest NATTIE

I report posts on a regular basis but it is based on what i know can and cannot be posted on the main forum. For example, template letters, swearing, potentially libellous language(that bit can shut the CAG down completely) or something that i am not sure of. The site is important so as big as it maybe reporting a post is one way in which, saves a Mod from having to look at every single solitary post 24/7. Does that make me sad? actually maybe but i am just a banker!!

And Janet post reported as per request!!

i can do it for you Janet? I really really do not mind:D ;):p

Nattie I mostly deal with your reported posts so it will be a waste of time you reporting it to me :D

oh and THANK YOU for all the reported posts , we rely so much on users like you :)

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

Guest NATTIE

ooops my confession is already written for all to see. I expect to get reported for all of my sins. Sorry kind sir, spare a penny for a banker:D

I report posts that are commercial or spamming. More often, though, I report posts where people are being just damned rude to each other. The bailiff forum at the moment is a case in point ;)

and very much being monitered ;)

doubts.

Absolutely agree with reporting the type of posts you suggest Nattie- but reporting posters having a bit of a laugh & a joke with each other? (Nothing offensive)Well please..........., is that sad or what?

Michael, he reports that many that we're thinking of creating a folder just for him in the archive!!! :-D

:o Don't complain I'l be out of a job except for nattie

doubts.

Guest ian cognito

Ladybird there is nothing more frustrating than searching for particular information and facing pages and pages of 'chat', often people just give up, which is a shame because it may mean someone is missing out on vital information or advice.

Try the chat room, there's an off topic chat room or you can even create your own and password protect it to keep out unwanted visitors!

Absolutely agree with reporting the type of posts you suggest Nattie- but reporting posters having a bit of a laugh & a joke with each other? (Nothing offensive)Well please..........., is that sad or what?

nope it's funny .. and with some of the extremley heartbreaking and emotinal draining stuff we deal with it's good to be able to have a laugh along the way .

Everyones humour is different so if you don't find it funny then don't join in .. easy

EDIT

oops sorry I thought you meant me reporting my own

as has been pointed out threads need to be kept on topic .. the bear garden is for any off topic posts

doubts.